Penn 113 Advice and Recommendations

Started by spc7669, June 23, 2016, 07:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Yup, it could get pricey. No need to go all out yet, get a 113h off ebay for under $50 and start from there. Add the DD stainless steel bridge with sleeve and the latest gears with washers, that will keep the cost down.
You could use the aluminum frame that you already have.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

spc7669

This 113 belongs to one of my best fishing buddies. If I do a tank, it'll be all mine, and I can do it from parts rather than a buy a sacrificial reel. I've got my annual offshore trip in less than a month, so it won't make it for that, but it'll be ready by next time. I really dig the idea of a total custom job over hot ridding an existing reel.

What will be the hardest part to source? I expect it's the aluminum side plates.

Patrick

RowdyW

Right now I think Tom/Cortez Conversions might have a few sets left from the first run. I don't think they will last to much longer. Contact Tom to see if he can put a set aside for you. The rest of the parts should be easy enough to get.

spc7669

Rudy,

I checked that thread, all Tom has left are for old style Tiburon frames. Since I'll be ordering from current Tiburon stock, I don't think they will work. Hopefully he'll make some more in the future. In the meantime, I'll start picking up some parts and stocking them away.

Patrick