110 1/0 green handle

Started by basto, July 06, 2016, 05:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

basto

Was the 1/0 Senator ever made with a bright green handle?
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

Superhook

The 1/0's can have any coloured handle torpedo knob. They had a counterweight blade.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Penn-Senator-1-0-Reel-In-Very-Good-Condition-/232002464414?hash=item36046caa9e:g:5NIAAOSwZ1BXerpO
Just like this one on Ebay .

basto

Superhook
Thanks for your reply. Forgive my ignorance, but what does the word blade refer to?

I`m quite excited this morning, as I just read on the postal tracking that my 1/0 is ready for pick up.

cheers
Basto

Superhook

Basto,

The blade is the flat part of the complete handle that has the counterweight at one end and the knob at the other.

Ray

basto

Thank you Ray. I`m learning all the time.
Basto

basto

My 1/0 arrived with what looks like 50 or 60 lb mono on it. It is in better condition than it looked in the photos on the advert.
I will take it apart tonight for cleaning and a lube. Very happy so far.
Basto

Bill B

Good looking reel, interesting color for the handle....haven't seen that color before....the 110 is the next reel on my bucket list, and the 111, 112, and ......guess time for Lee's 12 step program for me....  ;D   Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

basto

Yes, I`m after a 111 also. I found a nice one and even offered the guy more than he was asking, but he would not post it. I guess he wanted someone to knock on his door and pick it up. It could be my favourite Penn conventional.
Basto

Alto Mare

Basto, if you need someone to ship it to you in the future, let the seller send it to me and I'll send it over to you. Of course it gets a little costly, but at least you'll get what you're looking for.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

basto

Thank you Sal. Very kind of you to offer. That guy was in Australia. Only about 600klms away from me.
cheers
Basto

basto

I found another 110, and it also has a green handgrip. The green on the second one is a marbled colour unlike the pastel green on the first.
The only other things that vary are the keepers on the eccentric levers and the spools.

I just love these baby Senators.
Basto

mo65

The more I look at these Senators the more I think I need to buy a few. That pastel green knob is really unique...first time I've seen that color. All my green knobs are the darker swirl variety. Nice looking reels!  8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

basto

Quote from: mo65 on July 21, 2016, 12:31:05 AM
The more I look at these Senators the more I think I need to buy a few. That pastel green knob is really unique...first time I've seen that color. All my green knobs are the darker swirl variety. Nice looking reels!  8)

Hi mo65
Yes, to me that pale flat green just oozes "vintage" on a wide range of objects.

Superhook

There is a 1/0 with the "Art Deco ? " pale green handle just listed on the everyday auction site.