Fishing Ventura

Started by theswimmer, August 04, 2016, 01:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theswimmer

I have a project in Ventura starting in September that will run about 2 months.
Anyone have local beta ?
I would like to get a couple of boat trips in as well as I will fish the rocks and beaches from shore. So I'm looking for references on charter boats etc.
I may take the Catalina with me if I can make time to prep her for the big pond. Been awhile since she has seen salt water.....
I know my flares are out of date.
Best,
JT
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Swami805

I'm in Santa Barbara, Lot's of good beaches for perch and the like. Some decent boats out of Ventura and Oxnard as well. Been some good flurries of Yellowtail at the Islands lately too. Give me a holler when you get here and I'll get you some fresh intel or what you're interested in doing if you are looking for gear suggestion. Pretty much prime time when you're coming.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

theswimmer

Ya Swami , I know good timing for once!
Last year when we did the site visit end of August there were Marlin being caught 2-3 miles off shore.
That's why I may bring my own boat.........
I will ring you up when I know the dates for sure.
Best,
Jonathan
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Bill B

Jonathan the Speed Twin out of Ciscos is a fast boat and usually a good producer, but rather crowded...just about any boat in that Oxnard landing is a good time....the Ventura landings are good too.....if you want to surf fish try 5th street in Oxnard or the beaches south of the Ventura harbor mouth... A little known spot is McGrath state beach also in Oxnard....good luck....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

theswimmer

Thanks Bill.
I know I will get some serious surf time😁

Errol Flynn