In the den of The Shark Hunter

Started by The Great Maudu, September 05, 2016, 10:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superhook

Daron,

The way you are holding that monster reel It looks big enough to use as an exercise weight .  Bicep curls on the Lounge chair while watching fishing videos .

Have fun catching Sharks with the Terminator .

Ray

FatTuna

Terminator is an appropriate name for sure. Nice reel ;D.

joel8080

Daron

If that reel does not work the next step up is a Anchor Winch tied to your waist and a 12 v Battery in your back pack.

Joel 8080
Oceanside,California

Shark Hunter

When you are out on the sand David. I'm the Biggest, Heaviest thing around. ;D  I will be careful with that drag lever.
I keep a very sharp knife stuck in the sand in front of my sand spike. God help me if I ever need it.
I need to make a knife holder for my harness. If nothing else, some snips.
The 9/0 I sold Mike had all the goodies available in it. Silver Tom Frame, ss sleeve, insert kit, stainless yoke, ss double dogs, Black pearl gears and a Keta Krank with a 5/0 grip to top it off. I thought he was all set.
Lo and behold, it didn't have ss dog springs. He mounted it to a rod and the handle turned backwards?
This was the reel I built for my brother to use and I knew it was sound.
SS dog springs are a must from now on. I cant explain why the brass ones gave up. I made some fresh ss springs for his reel out of windshield wiper inserts and left them a little thick to provide lots of spring. He likes the loud click of double alternating dogs. That reel is loud as hell now.
I didn't regrease it putting it back together. It has enough residual grease in there. I like my Penn Blue. ;D
I apologize for the trouble Mike, I included some extras to make me sleep better.
I know you don't like taking things for free, but they were free to me. Its called paying it forward brother. ;)
Life is Good!

conchydong

We used to have some blimps on Cudjoe Key that the Airforce and NORAD used for defense purposes in addition to broadcasting Radio Marti to Cuba. I bet that reel could pull them in. JK  ;D

That is a heck of a reel though. Very few fish will contest it unless they are in the 1 ton range.

Shark Hunter

I can't help myself. I love big reels, and I cannot lie, the Terminator won't deny. ;D
I consider this reel my official roping and capturing of the Unicorn I have been trying to catch the past 3 years.
Ok, I need to put the beer down. :D
Life is Good. 8)
Life is Good!

Big Tim

Quote from: Shark Hunter on September 07, 2016, 01:04:56 AM
I can't help myself. I love big reels, and I cannot lie, the Terminator won't deny. ;D
I consider this reel my official roping and capturing of the Unicorn I have been trying to catch the past 3 years.
Ok, I need to put the beer down. :D
Life is Good. 8)

;D ;D ;D Keep the beer and forget the unicorn!

BT

wallacewt

another board rider attacked by great white yesterday
cheers

Maxed Out

I'd go broke just spooling it up with line. That reel is bigger than my dog.

The pinnacle  :o :o....congrats Daron

....plus you could always use it as an engine puller in the off season should your truck breakdown.  :D :D

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

STRIPER LOU

Wow, its a beauty and a monsta!!!!!!!
........Lou

thorhammer

My orthopedist said I have gray hair knee (not kidding) from kicking too many balls and never do another squat. I'm ruled out of fishing with such a marvelous piece of craftsmanship. But if I get to Ky again I'm coming to pay my respects. 

George4741

NICE!  Daron, are you planning on doing a tutorial of this soon?

George
viurem lliures o morirem

Shark Hunter

The Bearings in the 20/0 are the same as the 18. I did a tutorial already on that one. (The Godfather)
This reel is just Bigger everywhere else. I will tear into it eventually. I am working too much overtime and want my head on straight when I open this one. Just because you see me online, doesn't mean I'm not getting paid for it. ;)
Week after next, I'm on Vacation. I mainly want to show the drag disks and lube everything up properly.
My connection on getting these has gone south. I have one more coming to complete my Everol Collection of the 20/0, 18/0, 14/0 and 12/0.
I really want to pursue a 9/0 wide two speed to top it off. We will see. ;)
Life is Good!

George4741

Daron,
Just kidding, there's no need to do a tutorial on The Terminator.  It's unlikely any of us will ever have one. 
It looks like a finely crafted piece of machinery.
George
viurem lliures o morirem

The Great Maudu

The 9/0 Shark Hunter Special has about the loudest clicker of any Penn I have. I think this will make a great pier fishing reel. This winter I'll be building a special rod for it to ride upon. Believe me when I tell you pictures don't do that 20/0 justice it has to be seen to be believed.