In the den of The Shark Hunter

Started by The Great Maudu, September 05, 2016, 10:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rivverrat

Quote from: Shark Hunter on September 07, 2016, 12:41:44 AM

I keep a very sharp knife stuck in the sand in front of my sand spike. God help me if I ever need it.
I need to make a knife holder for my harness. If nothing else, some snip

Daron, buddy, please "DO NOT" make use of that reel & the drag it's capable of with out having a proper knife "ATTACHED" to you or your harness !! A knife in the sand is worthless as your being pulled past it. It does not take much force to tip a man forward. Leaving what is most needed in a time of desperation... out of reach. I'll do any thing I can to help you with this if you will make use of it.

My Grandpa was minus a portion of three fingers.  Took place while he was trying to derig a buddy being pulled over board while commercial fishing. Niether of them had a easily accessible knife on them. ..Jeff

Shark Hunter

I have upgraded my fighting plate to an Aftco Clarion with drop straps. One click of the belt and I'm free.
Life is Good!

Rivverrat

Quote from: Shark Hunter on September 26, 2016, 07:43:59 PM
I have upgraded my fighting plate to an Aftco Clarion with drop straps. One click of the belt and I'm free.

FANTASTIC ! Great to hear....Jeff

Rancanfish

Yeah, I had a picture in my head of the landlord laughing as he pulls the bait ever deeper.   :o
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Shark Hunter

Get rid of that picture Randy.
The only landlord I want to see, is on the Beach after I whup his butt.
This reel is the same size as a gallon of paint.
That puts it into perspective.
I really am happy to have one.
I wish Everol's were better represented in the US.
They have a lot of different models besides the Giants that I have.
That's about 5 grand right there in just those four reels.
That is the discount price. ;)
This 12'6" Hammer was caught today right where I go shark fishing every year.
I am not Jealous. I am happy for the man who caught it and set it free.
A true catch of a lifetime. That is easily, 700 lbs of True Monster.
Life is Good!

The Great Maudu

Did a little horse trading this afternoon with the Shark Hunter and came away with this brand new out of the box black spool for the 12/0. She's got just about every mod there is for one of these and is ready to do battle. I'm happy. Shark Hunter is happy. Life is good.

Shark Hunter

Mike,
If you knew how many reels I have that look exactly like that. It is Insane.
I do what I do best. It is just nice to have friends that appreciate it. ;)
As far as the horse trade. Anytime. ;D
Life is Good!

The Great Maudu

Yes sir! When I saw what you had done with yours I knew that's what I wanted. It probably looks exactly like yours because you built it that way. Thanks again.  The only other thing I wish it had is one of those swept back stars like the old OC 610 and bigger used. Anybody know how to do that?

Shark Hunter

I think Tom was going to make some.
We need the frame and plates first. ;D
Life is Good!

erikpowell

Bula D,

Aren't your Penns going to be jealous next time you go fishing?  ;D ;D

I'm curious what your next trips's quiver will be?

You know, a few years back, there was an international shark tagging team here attempting to line catch and tag bull sharks in the Navua River just down the road. I believe their biggest guns were a couple 12/0's and a Tiagra 130. They were either spooled or broken off many times by huge fish and the biggest shark landed over the week was only 6', though they know there were much bigger ones out there.
Out local tackle shop sold out of all his line over 65lb.

If it ever comes up again and I get wind of it, I'm going to recommend this guy I know from Kentucky, USA  ;)

The Great Maudu

I don't think a 6' shark would pose any problem for one of these Shark Hunter 12/0 or 9/0 reels. We use 100 lb test and braided steel leaders. Where is this river anyway?

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Steve-O

Quote from: The Great Maudu on October 10, 2016, 03:31:14 PM
I don't think a 6' shark would pose any problem for one of these Shark Hunter 12/0 or 9/0 reels. We use 100 lb test and braided steel leaders. Where is this river anyway?

on the other side of the planet from most of us Yanks.

South end of Fiji.