In the den of The Shark Hunter

Started by The Great Maudu, September 05, 2016, 10:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Maudu

I have had the privilege, on several occasions, to visit Shark Hunter in his lair and see some of his extensive collection of reels and big game fishing tackle. He is a wizard when it comes to hot rodding Penn reels and I have two of his creations, a 12/0 and now a 9/0. Both are set up to do battle with big sharks and have about every mod and upgrade available. On a visit early last week I was introduced to The Terminator, a 20/0 giant work of art made by Everol. It's mounted atop a massive, custom built stick and controlled by an Aftco Standup harness system. He was gracious enough to allow me to try it on for size and spend a few minutes fantasizing about hooking up with one of the mighty denizens. Going to visit Shark Hunter is like going to the candy store when I was a kid. There is so much to see and learn that I never get tired of it.

reelrepair123

now  that's a reel and a half.    harryk

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

sdlehr

That's pretty cool. But who's the guy in the pictures? :)

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

The Great Maudu

I think he's a famous fisherman but I can't remember for sure

Shark Hunter

Mike,
You are too Humble.
You are the only person other than myself to touch the Terminator. ;)
The biggest reel manufactured on the Planet.
Me and my Buddy Dom got in on this one chance of a lifetime.
His is Blue and I cannot wait for his pictures.
I searched a long time for this reel.
We need to fish it together. 1000 yards of 300lb JB hollow will be the bottom shot, 200 lb mono on top.
Eat your Wheaties. ;D
As much as I love my Penn's. Everol is King on what I do and my method of fishing.
They are the reel that everyone else strives for trying to reel in a Giant Shark from the Shore.
Massive drag capacity and line. The drag disks in this reel are bigger than a 16/0.
Life is Good!

Dominick

You're going to need a bigger knife to cut yourself loose.    :D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

I got the knife Dominick. ;D
Dom needs to spill the beans. This reel is as big as they come.
Italian perfection at its finest, Stay tuned for the latest addition. ;)
Life is Good!

steelhead_killer

At first I thought this was some clever photoshop work... then I take a closer look and damn man that thing is a beast of beasts!  Great looking reel

Andy
><)))">

Shark Hunter

I keep running into that Andy, my brother also thought this reel was a myth.
I think not. You have to be persistent, Diligent and keep the faith.
There is a Man in Italy. His name is Paolo.
He makes these Beasts for those who Dare. ;)
Life is Good!

The Great Maudu

No photoshop needed on this baby. This is the crown jewel of modern big game fishing reels. I was lucky to be there. I may never see another one of these, let alone hold it harnessed up. Shark Hunter is going to catch something really special with this outfit.

Makule

Everol makes great reels.  A 20/0 is way out of my league.  Even a regular Senator 16/0 is too big for me.  Now for a guy like Daron, that's another story.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

redsetta

QuoteShark Hunter is going to catch something really special with this outfit.
That he is...
Good luck Daron!
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

wallacewt

hi daron
60 sharks spotted in the last month here
close into shore. great whites etc;
wonder how many havent been spotted?
time to mount up and head down under
bitey heaven for some hehe
cheers mate

David Hall

Basic physics tells me you better strap yourself to something big and heavy before you strap the reel in!
Or strap on some wings.