Prince Edward Island September 21-23, 2016

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, September 23, 2016, 08:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Just finished the third and last day of fishing and I am so sore and tired that I can hardly move. Two fish on day one, 600 and 750, two fish on day two, 800 and 800, and one fish on day three, a 500, after unbuttoning one big fish circling under the boat and another one with the swivel at the surface.   Each boat is only allowed to bring two fish to leader and to fight a total of three fish per day, so we had to stop fishing.  All fish caught stand-up with 80 wide Tiagras, 200 lb. line, Black Magic rod plate and OTR harness.  Photos and short video clips to follow when I get home at the end of the month and can figure out how to get everything out of my smart phone.  This trip was a dream come true.

STRIPER LOU

Nice work Randy! The fishing up there for these monsters is truly amazing.
The power those fish have is absolutely incredible.
Good job Bud!!!!
.............Lou

swill88

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Tightlines667

Randy,

This sounds like a trip of a lifetime in the making.  Any more photos or videos of the action would be great.  Many of us will never get the cgance to do this.

Oh yea.. and make sure to HAVE FUN!

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Swami805

Wow! That's great Randy, Glad to hear it. I know a tuna over 300 is a super cow, what do you call one over eight? Enjoy the test of your trip.
Sheridan
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thanks guys!  I came here last year and fished for two days and had one bite that chewed us off in 30 minutes, so I was really worried that I might get skunked again, but those worries were over within five minutes of fishing the first morning when the fish came into the chum and one exploded on the kite bait.

I have dreamed of catching a big bluefin for almost fifty years, and it was the number one item on my "bucket list."  The experience was even more intense than I had imagined.  If you ever get a chance to come to PEI or Nova Scotia, I don't think that you would regret dropping whatever you are doing to make it happen.  If you put a group of three or four together and fish for four days, it's cheaper than a San Diego cow trip, and you don't waste a week off of work for boat riding time.  The boats, crews and gear are all top-knotch, and all that you need to bring is a few changes of clothes.  This was the most amazing fishing experience of my life, and I hope that you get a chance to give it a shot.

Randy

conchydong

Simply awesome. Congratulations on fulfilling a "bucket list" dream trip.