Penn 9/0 SS Parts for Sale

Started by wsenti, October 03, 2016, 05:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsenti

Hi:

I'm looking for stainless steel parts for a Penn 9/0, gear sleeve and dog. If anyone has any high speed gears for sale I'm looking around as well. Presumably that's as far as I can go with stainless besides the posts (which I have already).

Any leads or thoughts.

Thanks.

Shark Hunter

Really your only options for gears are brass, Steel or Black Pearl Stainless.
Adam makes an insert kit that is pretty impressive as well.
Alan is the only one that has ss sleeves at the moment. They were mis cut left handed, then recut to salvage them.
I Tested them this past weekend and they worked fine.
Lee is the source for stainless dogs.
All you need now is a stainless Handle arm upgrade with a Tom frame and you will be set. ;)

Life is Good!

handi2

I have one SS gear sleeve ive been holding on to but may sell it. I have the SS main and pinion gear, SS dog or dogs, the Motive drag insert or Bryans 7 stack kit.

The Motive insert kit for the 114H and 115 (9/0) is the best thing going. For some reason this kit really bumps up the drag more than the other kits. You can get 35lbs of drag using one finger on the drag star..!!

Or i have a fully built 9/0 that is entirely new except for the sideplates. It has everything you can do to them inside and is built on a silver machined aluminum half frame bought right here on this great forum.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL