Hawaiian wide 113H2

Started by Lowprofile, October 18, 2016, 02:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowprofile

Put this together tonight as I finally got all the parts. Tiburon Hawaiian wide frame and spool, black pearl SS bridge and gear sleeve with double dogs, stock SS yok, ACcurate SS 4:1 gears, accurate adjustable power handle. Stock drag stack (HT-100).

Having a problem with the spool. I'm pretty sure it came with a standard wide spool instead of the Hawaiian wide. Too much play in the spool and it won't engage both sides. The arbor is also thicker than my buddies HW spool. Working on that detail.

ReelFishingProblems

That is a thing of beauty, I hope you get it figured out soon and in the water

thorhammer

Sweet! What side plates are those? can't tell the color well.

Lowprofile

113H2. Dark red or maroon.  The white table and silver washed it out. I'm going to take more pics before I fish it.

Lowprofile

Better contrast.

thorhammer

mo65

Hey now...that just plain rocks! Brilliant classy looks. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

steelfish

the beayty of the simple things.

amigo, and are you going to use it to cast as the Hawaiians do?
or are you going to using it on a boat trolling with it, deep drop fishing, etc?
The Baja Guy

Bryan Young

Quote from: Lowprofile on October 18, 2016, 02:30:46 PM
Put this together tonight as I finally got all the parts. Tiburon Hawaiian wide frame and spool, black pearl SS bridge and gear sleeve with double dogs, stock SS yok, ACcurate SS 4:1 gears, accurate adjustable power handle. Stock drag stack (HT-100).

Having a problem with the spool. I'm pretty sure it came with a standard wide spool instead of the Hawaiian wide. Too much play in the spool and it won't engage both sides. The arbor is also thicker than my buddies HW spool. Working on that detail.
you may need to tighten the left side spool adjustment know all the way and if that doesn't do it, you may need to shim the bearing to move it over just a little bit more.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Lowprofile

I tried tightening the side tension knob as soon as I noticed it was loose.

It's definitely the spool. It doesn't fill the frame.

Lowprofile

Vs the spool that the sides fit just under the top screw holes and has a thinner arbor.

Bryan Young

I think you need a normal 113H and not the H2.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

RowdyW

Quote from: Bryan Young on October 18, 2016, 11:36:02 PM
I think you need a normal 113H and not the H2.
Bryan, I have 113H reels with 113H2 spools & 113HLW reels with 113H2Wspools.  I haven't found any difference in the width. I think the Hawaiian frame is wider then the HLW & needs a special width spool.

Lowprofile

Yes the HW frame fits both H and H2 plates. It's also wider than the standard wide frames and requires a wider spool which should have come with it but a standard wide spool came with the kit.

Shark Hunter

That has to be frustrating Chris. I never popped the cork on the Hawaiian Wide.
I hope you get it figured out.
Daron
Life is Good!