New Member from US Virgin Islands

Started by Saint Croix, October 23, 2016, 04:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saint Croix

Hello from Saint Croix!

What a great site!  Old dog here to learn some new tricks. And some old ones.

Have a couple of older Penn spinners (7500 @ 9500 ss, USA) for shore and kayak fishing that I try to keep going. 

Just jumped back into fishing after about a 40 year intermittent  pause. 

Jim

Bill B

Welcome Jim, looking forward to some photos from the Islands....Bill from the Sacramento Delta
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Shark Hunter

Welcome Jim.
You are in the right place.
Life is Good!

ScottOz

Hey Jim welcome.Have not been here long myself but have been made to feel very welcome and have had lots of guys offer advice about my questions.
Scott.

Dominick

Welcome Jim.  I want to retire to the US Virgins.  What is the economic climate?  Is it expensive to live there?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

mo65

Welcome Jim...lots of info here...and great people too. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

foakes

Welcome Home, Jim --

Glad you came aboard...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Saint Croix

Thanks everyone!  

Some great information  here!

Dominick - it can be pretty expensive.  Figure they ship just  about everything  in, so it adds up.  

Housing isn't that bad, but the salt air here adds to maintenance costs for sure.

We're  part of the  US, but as a territory they pretty  much govern themselves.   Government here has a good  dose of corruption,  and economically,  they are probably  going to head toward insolvency  in the next few years.  Good people though. And bargains  can be had.   Rum is cheap for sure.

Great fishing,  diving and boating, as you might expect.  

Aiala

Hi, Jim! 

I grew up on St. Thomas (1958-1964) and of course visited St. Croix many times, often staying at Hotel on the Cay in Christiansted. Fond memories!  :)

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

MarkT

Welcome!

I was in St Croix on a cruise. Snorkeled the Buck Island reefs. The coral was dead, so sorry to see! The refinery had just shut down so I imagine the economy isn't doing so good.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Tiddlerbasher

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

USN_ED

Welcome.  You'll find a lot of help here for those spinners.
ED