My First Sailfish....

Started by ijlal, November 23, 2016, 08:31:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Wow, congratulations Ijlal.  What a catch.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

conchydong

Wow, a 123lb Cobia is a monster. I could only imagine what happened if he went into the boat "green" as they sometimes put up a tougher fight once landed than while in the water. Seems you have to travel quite a ways to deep water. Keep up the good work!

Dominick

An Alan Tani member makes good.  Terrific Lal.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bill B

Ijlal we need to hear LOTS more of your fishing exploits....a true sportsman you are!   Two records under your belt is amazing......I can't wait ( or maybe afraid  ;D) to hear more of your adventures...123lb corbia :o Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

ijlal

Quote from: TARFU on November 24, 2016, 04:20:33 AM
Ijlal we need to hear LOTS more of your fishing exploits....a true sportsman you are!   Two records under your belt is amazing......I can't wait ( or maybe afraid  ;D) to hear more of your adventures...123lb corbia :o Bill
Quote from: conchydong on November 24, 2016, 01:25:15 AM
Wow, a 123lb Cobia is a monster. I could only imagine what happened if he went into the boat "green" as they sometimes put up a tougher fight once landed than while in the water. Seems you have to travel quite a ways to deep water. Keep up the good work!

LOL Bill!

I can show you the photo; it was also the tournament winning fish. BTW, I had it on 20# so I played it for over an hour and by the time I brought it to gaff, it was totally done.

I live 'fishing'!

ijlal

Once again, many thanks to all of you. I love this forum. Alan has truly managed to put together a brotherhood of anglers.
I live 'fishing'!

wallacewt

dear lord,
"grant me the wish, that I may catch a fish so large that i dont have to lie,when telling of it afterwards"

spc7669

Wow!  Congratulations on the fish of a lifetime.

mo65

Very impressive fish! Congrats!! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

broadway

Well done Sir! Congrats on both of your records. That Cobia is really incredible in size... impressive!
Keep up your fishing journeys and keep posting them here it's motivational speaking at it's finest.
You have our attention,
Dom

Bill B

Ijlal....do not leave in the cold....we need to see more pictures and read of more adventures from your side of the world.....Bill  :D
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

ijlal

Thank you everybody. I shall post more when I end up with anything significant.

Cheers!
I live 'fishing'!

Gulfshoresangler

Ijlal I really enjoyed the pictures and getting a feel for fishing on the other side of the world, its very  interesting!!  Please keep us updated with any new catches or stories.
Thanks!
James

Swami805

Wow, that's some incredible fishing. Looking forward to more!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Reel 224

Ij; you do yourself proud! Great catch, you should go down in AT history.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."