Striper Fishing

Started by Bill B, November 24, 2016, 10:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

My son came up to Sacramento last weekend and we did some night fishing for stripers on the river...we went out two nights for out 1 hour and caught 2 keepers, one was 18" and the other was 21"....tossing a crawdad pattern crankbait under the lighted docks at the marina....Andy was stoked saying "I caught more fish than dad again".   Hmmm....this is becoming a pattern with him.....gotta love it......Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Bryan Young

😂😂😂

Son. Now clean your fish so we can eat it.

😂😂😂

Very nice. Love when my kid out fishes me. Oh wait, I'm still waiting.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

oc1

That looks like a "wiper".  Striped bass x white bass hybrid backcrossed to striper for several generations.  A very nice one.
-steve

Alto Mare

Good job Andy!
Bill, I know the feeling seeing your kid holding fish, our job is paying off. ;)

My son is 19, he never had interest in fishing until this year. I never pushed him, but It kicked in big time.

Good stuff!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Todd Jacobsen

Tarfu- If your familiar with the Power Line area by Rio Vista and Sherman Is guys have been catching alot of stripers yesterday. I'm going to try to get out Sunday as I work today and Sat.

Bill B

Just spending time with my three boys is a good time, watching them catch fish is a real bonus.....we were supposed to go salmon fishing but got rained out all weekend and just managed to get out between rain storms....Todd good to hear the fish are moving up river....the striper/wiper fishing has been real slow the past month and just started picking up here in West Sac....tight lines brother....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

RiverAngler

Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games. Take them fishing!

oc1

I'm jealous Bill.  Our kids spend a lot of time on the water but have only a passing interest in fishing.  Spending hours looking for a fish and putting up with the old man is not their idea of a good time.
-steve