Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alasgun, PhillyJoe, Rcscherz210, Paul Roberts, UKChris1 and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

alantani

welcome!  i was wondering where you were from!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

Welcome Steve, Lucky Guy and Vali.
Glad to have you here. ;D
Life is Good!

jason_purdy

Hello All,

After some lurking, I've finally joined 'the crew' ;) A bit about myself-I've grown up on the Gulf Coast of Florida and have fished all my life.  My interest in reel restoration came from the passing of my grandfather.  I have many great memories using Penns, Mitchells, and Dams when I was a kid.  Since my grandfather passed, he left me a pair of 4/0s he purchased when my dad was a kid and a DAM 550 Superspeed.  After spending a fair bit of time researching (first on my local forum of which Handi-2, Keith, and Pompano Joe are members), I've purchased a handful of reels to rebuild, upgrade, restore.  I want to hone my skills before undertaking my grandfather's reels.  So, with all that said, THANK YOU first and foremost to Alan for hosting this great collaboration. Dom, Sal, Fred, and MANY, MANY, MANY others, thank you for inspiring me and introducing me to the addiction.

-Jason

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

DaBigOno

Aloha Jason!

Welcome and feel free to ask any questions
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

alantani

Tiddlerbasher

Alto Mare

Steve Y, Luckyguy, Memberdeep and Jason_purdy....Welcome!

Having a hard time keeping up with the new guys coming in ;D

Enjoy your stay guys.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Ultegra198

Hello

My name is Zainal from Brunei Darussalam which is in south east of Asia. I have been successfully servicing,disassembling 5 spinning reels since I found this forum, the tutorials are very very helpful. I also destroyed 1 cheap reel during my first try, I soaked all the main gear stuffs into the lighter fluid and then carburetor cleaner. It turns black and disintegrate...

By the way, who should I contact for the bearing packer tool ? I am having a hard time pressing grease into these small bearings manually.

steelhead_killer

Welcome!  Contact Alan Tani for the packer
><)))">

Antho

Hi everyone. I'm Tony and I'm from Perth Western Australia. Looking forward to chatting with guys and gals who have a love for fishing that sometimes your partner just can't understand😜
Born to fish, forced to work😏

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Antho

Finally got my profile pic to work, only took me an hour😂

alantani

gentlemen, welcome!

Antho

Thankyou for the welcome guys and thankyou for accepting me into your excellent forum😊 I hope I can add to the general pool of knowledge. In case anyone was wondering the fish in my profile pic are a Coral Trout ( orange ) and a West Australian Dhufish ( pronounced Jew-fish )