Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slugmeister, seruga, ST.NicksCobia, Jenx, Donnyboat, PatrickZ and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

JohnDeereMoxie

I started taking my Penn apart before it dawned on me I should take a pic!!! Here it is:

Ruthm44

Hi my name is Ruth and I am a new member here. My husband is a member here his name is Joe (Reel 224). My interests are Fishing and helping my husband with his rod building and reel repair. Some of you know me through Joe's posts here. I decided to join in as a member and get more involved reading the many posts and even giving my woman's point of view if possible.   

Ruth 

alantani

ok, i'm busted now!   ;D

ruth, welcome!!!!  i want to you to know that all the grousing i do about my wife is all just in good fun.  yes, she really did catch me putting reels in the dishwasher. and she hasn't been able to get her car into the garage for 15 years, but, face it, we'd be lost without each other.  all of us guys being so loveable and cuddly helps, but thanks to all of you wives for putting up with us husbands!   ;D  
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Tiddlerbasher

Alto Mare

Welcome aboard Ruth! Enjoy your stay.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Ruthm44

Quote from: alantani on August 21, 2016, 05:17:35 PM
ok, i'm busted now!   ;D

ruth, welcome!!!!  i want to you to know that all the grousing i do about my wife is all just in good fun.  yes, she really did catch me putting reels in the dishwasher. and she hasn't been able to get her car into the garage for 15 years, but, face it, we'd be lost without each other.  all of us guys being so loveable and cuddly helps, but thanks to all of you wives for putting up with us husbands!   ;D  

Alan I want you to know I understand you guys have to make a mess of things, but when it comes to putting reels in the dishwasher and cluttering up the garage so your wife can't put her car in the garage. I could put up with the dishwasher but not the garage.

Shame on you! ;D

Ruth

Ruthm44

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. It's much appreciated.

Ruth

RiverAngler

Welcome Ruth. Where you live, I understand the garage thing. But in sunny NorCal, it's not nearly as cold in the winter. ;D

Ralph

And, Welcome Sam, TreeBeard, JohnDeereMoxie, and Miley1!
Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games. Take them fishing!

beaveer4242

hello names calvin from milton, florida. i have alot of misc parts for a mitchell 486 possibly all the parts along with thousands of other unmarked parts. just wondering if a 486 is worth digging threw all the parts to piece it back together.

alantani

welcome!  not sure about your reel, but lots of guys here like working on these older spinners!

cbar45

Quote from: beaveer4242 on August 22, 2016, 05:46:13 AM
just wondering if a 486 is worth digging threw all the parts to piece it back together.

Yes, especially if those parts are NOS (new old-stock).

486 is one of the more desirable Mitchell's to collect and/or fish.

4:1 bronze gears, round power handle, and a carbide line guide are some of its high points.

There is definitely a niche market for these old surf-sized Mitchells--and their parts which are getting harder to find.

Chad

P.S.

Let me know if you need the schematic and parts list; I'll try to get it posted here.

Tiddlerbasher

ScottOz

Hi to all, Fist post for me here.M y name is Scott and I live Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.I will try putting a post in the beginner section or Shimano section about my Tld reels.It could go anywhere as I am hopeless with computers.
Cheers.

alantani

welcome!  a good friend of mine, peter boyd, also lives in brisbane! 

Alto Mare

Welcome Calvin and Scott!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.