Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve V., seruga, ST.NicksCobia, Jenx, Donnyboat, PatrickZ and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Gunrunner

Thanx much for the warm welcome everyone

Shark Hunter

Welcome Scott.
I have had your nickname before.
A couple guys I used to work with called me the Gun Runner.
Enjoy yourself here.
Lots to Learn and good people.
Life is Good!

Bill B

Welcome Scott.....Bill Sacramento Delta
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

tinboat

Hi,

I've been taking advantage of this site for a while now so I decided to join, Happy Holidays!
I have 5-Newell (200 size) reels that I bought used over the years and have learned to service here, thanks! 
I can't afford used Newell$ anymore, so I bought 2- Shimano TLD 15 lever drags, and 2- ABU 6500C4 level winds.  Thanks to Alan's posts, and other members, I feel confident that I can service/upgrade these reels too.  I'm sure that I'll be posting plenty of questions.

I appreciate the help!

John

alantani

john, welcome!  anything you need, let us know!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

foakes

Welcome, John --

Glad you are on board...

One of my favorite all time reels for Salmon fishing  is a Shimano TLD-5.

Best Always,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Tiddlerbasher

Bill B

Welcome from the Sacramento delta, Bill

blue garden

Aloha everyone, having trouble getting a pic up, I kayak fish on the big island, this seems like a great site!

steelhead_killer

Welcome!  you have to post the link to the picture not the picture. 
FYI

Andy
><)))">

bhale1

Good morning(afternoon for some),,,,just wanted to log in and say hi. I joined the other day, after finding the site while trying to get help on my X30-SHA frame upgrade from SoCal-Fishing-Hunting. My screenname is bhale1. My name is Brett and I live in Tucson, AZ. Most of my fishing is for Largemoith bass, and trout. Have some experience with flyfishing for trout in the 4 corners, San Juan river as well. I'm really happy I found this forum, and all the experienced,helpful people here. I was going thru some of my late father in laws fishing stuff(avid fisherman himself) the other day and found 2 Penn 155 reels. I know they aren't top of the line,but will work for what I have planned. I am going to go thru them completely, and also try and re-do the drags. Then when we do our annual San Diego trip take my daughters(who will be 11 & 13) out on the New Seaforth for a 1/2 day trip with Papa's reels. I feel I found the right group of friends if I mess something up or have questions..Thanks for having me aboard!          Brett

sdlehr

Welcome aboard, Brett. I'm sure you will find what you need here, we have many members with many different areas of expertise, as I think you may have found out already while surfing the site.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

bhale1

Thanks Sid.... Happy to be here, and Happy New Year everyone!

Bill B

Welcome Scott.....you find those 155's fine reels a drag upgrade will do wonders....Bill

alantani

gentlemen, welcome!  brett, sorry about the delay in getting back to you.  give me a bit while i catch up here.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!