Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alasgun, alantani, PhillyJoe, Rcscherz210, Paul Roberts, UKChris1 and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

arrowslinger

Thanks Jimmer I did check it out looks like some good tips!
Any mistake is just another opportunity for success USMC!

El Pescador

Quote from: cbarnett on January 04, 2013, 11:53:16 PM
I need a larger handle for the Daiwa 27H. Can you help?

Get ahold of Alan, he sold me a Daiwa Convertible Power Handle (model #E17-5504) and installed a Kolekar 2/0 handle, making this Daiwa Sealine 27H a beautiful 20 lbs.
reel.  The stock Daiwa handle is 1 3/8" between gear shaft & the handle.   With the add-on Daiwa Convertible Power Handle, the distance is 2 1/2" - far better torque.
See what I mean!

The lingcod I'm holding in my avatar, i pulled of the ocean floor with this 27H,
Did have a small issue with the handle, which was fixed by Keta (keep his name around, he knows what he is doing!).  check out my reel handle post:  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=4609.0    
Good luck and good fishing!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Alto Mare

Very nice Wayne, that stock handle looks rediculous on that reel.
You must be getting better, at least it didn't take you a month to install ...as you did on your 114H ;).
Good job!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

El Pescador

Sal!    You're FUNNY!

You have the memory of my wife, and the humor of Dominick (Pescachaser)!
In full disclosure, Alan installed the Kolekar 2/0 handle, if it were up to me, I would not have a posting for this Daiwa Sealine 27H Reel!

All in all, the stock handle is tiny, and had I ever used it, grinding up that lingcod from the ocean floor would have left me panting like a squirrel!

Question for Alan, will the Daiwa Sealine 27H handle fit on the 4, 5 & 6 thousand series Ambassadeur reels like the 27SH???   http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=2641.0

If so, I'll send this Daiwa stock handle out to any registered www.alantani.com member  for their use.  I'll cover shipping.

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

gazman51

G'day
               I am Garry and am new to the site but have lurked and read for a while
We live in Australia and like USA made reels
Had Penn for 25 years and just ordered a new Avet MXL 2 speed from Charkbait , not recieved yet .

And yesterday I picked up a used LX 4.6 : 1 in local area that was for sale

Garry

Cone

Wayne, you can't slip anything past Sal! Thats what makes him so good. It's his attention to detail. By the way don't ever wear nail polish and hold or point to a reel in any of your posts!  ;)  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

skippyy

hi all my name is skip i live in connecticut.i fish in long island sound.i own a 24foot osprey.i trailer my boat up to cape cod to fish for ground fish and also tuna fish.i found this site on the internet looking up how to rebuild penn reels.looking forward to learning alot from this site and all the good people on it.always looking for good people to go fishing with.

redsetta

Welcome aboard Skip.
All the best from the South Pacific, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Welcome Skip.  Sounds like your fishing prime locations. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Treybien

Quote from: Keta on December 30, 2012, 04:37:59 PM
HT-100 is the Penn name for carbon fiber drag washers, Dartanium II is shamano's "name" and Smooth Drag calls their CF washers Carbontex. 

So are Penn's washers and the same size washers from Smooth Drag the same?

Norcal Pescador

Welcome Garry and Skip! Glad to have you.
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

alantani

Quote from: Treybien on February 14, 2013, 10:21:03 PM
Quote from: Keta on December 30, 2012, 04:37:59 PM
HT-100 is the Penn name for carbon fiber drag washers, Dartanium II is shamano's "name" and Smooth Drag calls their CF washers Carbontex. 

So are Penn's washers and the same size washers from Smooth Drag the same?

different weaves, but they function the same. 

RCN

Hello to all from southern Maryland. I just found your site and decided to join to keep abreast of fishing reel maintenance in our world of global manufacturing and rising prices. It's sad to see how much fishing equipment no longer says Made In The USA.
Ralph

alantani