working with hollow spectra

Started by bill19803, December 16, 2016, 04:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill19803

for  guys  near Philly/wilmington  im  willing to  do a hands on  teaching session  on  working with hollow spectra- splices,  end loops, top shots if  we  can get enough interest. My place is  5  miles south of pa/de border  and 4 miles  from  1-95 exit.  easy to get to. im not  as good  as  basil pappas (BHP TACKLE)  but i  havent  had a  failure that was  caused  by  method or technique  ever,  even  after  3  cows at  clarion. no  expensive  winder  required with  this method and  ive  got plenty pf supplies   and various tpes  of spectra  to practice  on. no  charge    just  paying it foreward  for parts and  knowledge  shared  by others here.
lets set  something up for after  holidays  attendees  pick the time   im  available any time  for  group  or individual.
let me know  if  you have an interest.
sorry  but i  dont play with  solid spectra enough to be confident in my methods  so its hollow  only

wallacewt

hi bill
if you dont get enough starters
maybe a video tutorial
cheers mate

bill19803

i have one  member   who wants  to learn   so  the  session  will  happen, with  hollow spectra   its  more of a  hands on thing  to learn  the dont  do s.  maybe  a  tutorial  will  happen  depends on  having someone taking the  pics  as   we  go thru the  steps.   time will  tell. i will  provide all  the tools needed to  do  top shots except for 2  5 buck lever  clamps. no needles   no latch hooks required. just  wire  thread   and net needle and a  magic marker and some emery paper. oh  yea  and  20  lb power pro  solid too.lots of wire, net  needles  and thread  and polishing sticks  available for free. and probably  super glue too.(depends on how many  folks want to learn)
bill

Bryan Young

I wish I could attend...alas, I'm way too far away... :(  

I don't know if I'm as good or bad as others.  Learning from others helps confirm my methods, learn new methods, and shared experiences.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

David Hall

Wish I was closer, I don't know anything.

bill19803

i  guess that tells me   that a tutorial  as suggested is gonna  be appropriate will  try to make it happen after  holidays.   but the free goodies   dont  go with the tutorial  sorry   lol

Bryan Young

David, that means we just have to meet at Alan's house.   ;D
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

coastal_dan

I've learned quite a bit from Bill over the last few months just in discussing the tactics, no hands on yet (I just haven't had time to apply it).  January, February and March will be great times to expand this knowledge and put it to work in the garage.

Any NJ or NY guys interested as well?  I could always bring down a few cheesesteaks and Peroni's  ;D
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Alto Mare

If you guys are thinking aroud January after the holidays, count me in. We could come down or you could come up Bill, it's up to you.
My place is 12 minutes from exit 9 off the Blue Route, your place is about 45 minutes from my house.
I could put the fire on in the back room and we could do it there. If so, don't eat too much that day, I'll put out some snacks. ;)
Of course if anyone else wants to join in, you are welcome to come.

One thing I ask, if any of you needs to use the bathroom in my workshop, in the basement, I will need to search your pockets on the way up :)...just kidding ;D, I don't have much as I used to :(.

Bill, if it's easier on you to have us come down, just let me know. Dan could pass by my house and we could probably go together.

Thanks for doing this.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

bill19803

Sal

it  would  be easier  to  have it here.  never  know   what will pop  up  and  its here  but might  not make  it up  there  and then we  stuck.  boxes , tubes  of  stuff  coils of wire  net needles yada yada yada. when  we   get past the  holidays   ill   put all  of  you  guys together  so  you can   fit the timing to YOUR schedule.  so far  just you  and  Dan.  i need   about 3 days notice so i  can  order super glue for everyone (gratis)  everything   else we  might  need i have here  with  samples  free.

Alto Mare

Ok Bill, I understand. As we get closer let us know when is the best time and we'll work it out.

Thanks Bill.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

David Hall

Quote from: Bryan Young on December 16, 2016, 09:41:20 PM
David, that means we just have to meet at Alan's house.   ;D

Yep I'm with you on that Bryan.

bill19803

as  of now  there  are   2   AT.com  brothers  and my neighbor interested in  learning about  hollow spectra.Based on lack of interest  ill put a deadline on signing  up   of  1  jan  2017  and after that will  get  all  the goodies  together  for those   coming. ive done a couple private tutorials  on  splices  and top shots   but  pics are  too  big to be clear.  So ill  try  and do another  couple  during this session  and get someone to  post it for  me.

hope everyone  had  a great  christmas  and  that you dont lose any  c-clips during the new year. lol

bill