Side I was wondering what this was

Thanx Scott

Alto Mare

Quote from: Gunrunner on December 22, 2016, 01:54:22 AM
Question guys what are they talking about when they say they have
A rare 16/0 cross breed that uses a 14/0 side plate on the handle
Side I was wondering what this was

Thanx Scott
The 16/0 right side plate is close to impossible to find, unless you purchase the complete reel.
I see it as he didn't have the correct plate and called the 14/0 plate rare :-\.
The only person that would probably get away with it, would be me, I have the correct stand to back it up :)
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=16813.msg175849#msg175849

By the way, I will be doing a double dog on one of those 16/0 plates for a member, not sure if I should do a shot before or after the job ;D

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

sdlehr

Scott, welcome aboard. The 14/0 and 16/0 use the same diameter side plate; the difference between the two reels is width only - so stand, posts and spool are a different size, but the side plates are identical except for the model number embossed on the head plate.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

mizmo67

Not rare..just not a preferred sub due to confusing someone down the line that doesn't now the rest of the reel is the 16/0.

The 1-117 14/0 plate is just a way to get the 118 back up and running if the handle side plate broke and you can't track an actual 16/0 plate down (which has gotten almost impossible)
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Gunrunner

Thanx I was wondering what that was now I know

Scott