My Personal Tank!

Started by Alto Mare, January 06, 2017, 09:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

I was home today, the mailman came and handed me a box, I wasn't expecting anything ???
I opened it up and found this beautiful kit from Ted (Maxed Out), this wasn't just a kit, this was my own personal kit, so I decided to put it together.

Here are the all the parts I used for this assembly:

and the assembled reel

Ted, you really got me with this one, I don't know what to say, but thank you.
This reel now means a lot to me and I will always cherish it, that was so thoughtful of you.

Sal

By the way guys, the color and workmanship on these is spot on, I can't find a flaw  anywhere.
These latest kits compliment Tom's plates nicely.

Thanks again Ted!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mo65

Holy Toledo! What a gem! And personalized! :o
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Maxed Out

Nothing wrong with a pleasant surprise, right Sal :D?? The red spool sets it all off. It amazes me how far we have come with customizing the 113H, and I never get tired of seeing your impressive builds. Somehow I see this one getting handed down in the Ciarlante family for generations to come !!

I noticed the nut holding the lever is missing the nylon washer that's supposed to go between the nut and the lever. It should have been in the package with the shift lever. If I forgot it, then I'll send you one

The standard width seat is a prototype and is not yet being considered for production. Chris made this seat without my knowledge. ...of course I had input on the custom logo ;D, which will be an option in the near future. (for just a few bucks extra)

Also the colored O-rings are more for show, as they are not as thick as the black ones. That's why both sets come with each shifter.

Ted

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

foakes

Beautiful, Sal --

Classy and well done, Ted!

Best Always,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Maxed Out

....Ooops almost forgot to mention I couldn't help myself and gave your bars a test ride prior to shipping  ;D ;D (quality control) ;) ;)

They don't look half bad on a stock 113H 8)
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Alto Mare

No Ted, you did not forget to include the washer, I forgot to install it...too excited.
Your new anodizer hit the nail on the head with this one, it's as close as you're going to get to the plates.
These kits are amazing Ted, great job designing them and for getting  guys that really know what they're doing, making them a reality.
Thanks again buddy.

Sal

Ted, I agree! those look very nice, even with stock plates and stand. You did good buddy!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Midway Tommy

Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

mley1

Congratulations on a GORGEOUS reel!! That's absolutely beautifull!!!
Good luck fishing,

Marty

STRIPER LOU

Boy, thats about as sweet as it gets!!! Gorgeous build Mr. C. Its got the best inside and out!

Ted did an awesome job on these kits, they're top shelf. Another gentleman that pays attention to detail.

Enjoy that reel Sal, she's a beauty!

Regard's,  ..   Lou

Three se7ens

sdlehr

Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

David Hall

Dominick

Thanks Ted.  Once again your thoughtfulness overwhelms me.  Sal, fish it in good health paisano.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

borchcl

Beautiful reel, Matches your personality: Classy!
Charlie