Braid

Started by Squirmypug, April 16, 2011, 12:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squirmypug

Got a good deal on an International Torque 300.I want to put Powerpro 65 or 80lb on it, on the box it says that the reel will hold 360yds of 30lb mono or 360yd 80lb braid.Anyone know how much braid it will actually hold, seems that it would hold more 80lb than that since 80lb has the same diameter of about 17lb mono(based on info found through Google).Any info about how much it will really hold would be great, would also like to know what line lb/yd you use on the reel.Thanks  ;D
I'm not talkin' 'bout pleasure boatin' or day sailin'. I'm talkin' 'bout workin' for a livin'. I'm talkin' 'bout sharkin'!

Squirmypug

Well for anyone that wants to know. I was able to put a 300yd spool of 80lb PP and there is still 1/4" to the top of the spool, more than enough room for a good topshot of 60lb BG  8).Just have to buy another rod for this new reel now  ::)
I'm not talkin' 'bout pleasure boatin' or day sailin'. I'm talkin' 'bout workin' for a livin'. I'm talkin' 'bout sharkin'!

Bryan Young

Very good.  I believe Roger had posed something with a link to a conversion.  I just cannot find it.  It should be under Welcome though.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

spes

Saw this in another post,,, don't know how accurate it is,.

http://www.osanglers.org/uploads/Line_Estimator.xls

Norcal Pescador

Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Squirmypug

Thanks I will try the conversion next time  :)

Bryan Young

Sorry Rob  :( :( :(.  At lease I got first 2 letters correct.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D