Sweet Lou Does it Again

Started by Maxed Out, January 13, 2017, 01:46:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

A parcel arrived today and low and behold there was 4 priceless gems inside. I'm a huge fan of anything this man makes. He pours his heart and soul into each piece. These acrylic knobs are a million times cooler in person. I took many pics and can't find any that match the workmanship I'm seeing with my own eyes.

Magnificent work Lou. Absolutely magnificent !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Maxed Out

Man, that was fun....hey Lou, I'll take 3 more ASAP  ;D ;D

Maxed Out

One more with camera flash. I normally don't use flash, but every so often the colors come out better. This one likes the flash

sdlehr

Wow, Ted! Those look great! Lou is what I would call an artisan.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

thorhammer

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Those knobs belong in the Museum of Modern Art, and the reels too!

Alto Mare

Beautiful, the perfect combination.
You got some valuable reels there my friend...enjoy!
Excellent craftsmanship Lou! Chris didn't do too bad as well.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Rancanfish

Boy this place is getting unbelievable!
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

STRIPER LOU

Ted ..... Its Sweet Lou here. lol   Thank you for the kind words and a great post.

Those reels look amazing and are nicely complimented by the Custom Knobs. The colors are outstanding and go together perfectly . All these builds you have been doing lately, have certainly been taken to the next level.

You wouldn't think it would be the case, but, its definitely a challenge trying to capture the beauty of these colors in a picture.

So what else have you got up your sleeve? I'll bet there's lots more to come. I'm playing a bit with some Carbon fiber and a few other things when time allows.

Thanks for being patient on these and I'm working on the balance of AT orders every day until they're complete.

All have a great day,  ..  Lou

Swami805

Beautiful work,they match the reels to a "T".
Do what you can with that you have where you are

thorhammer

Quote from: STRIPER LOU on January 13, 2017, 12:42:34 PM
Ted ..... Its Sweet Lou here. lol   Thank you for the kind words and a great post.

Those reels look amazing and are nicely complimented by the Custom Knobs. The colors are outstanding and go together perfectly . All these builds you have been doing lately, have certainly been taken to the next level.

You wouldn't think it would be the case, but, its definitely a challenge trying to capture the beauty of these colors in a picture.

So what else have you got up your sleeve? I'll bet there's lots more to come. I'm playing a bit with some Carbon fiber and a few other things when time allows.

Thanks for being patient on these and I'm working on the balance of AT orders every day until they're complete.

Lou,  bahahhahaahh good luck with "complete"....we are just waiting for everyone to get a couple before we order round two :) You guys have created demand!
All have a great day,  ..  Lou

Maxed Out

...and the 4th knob goes to my favorite leetle long beach 60. Sorry Lou, I know it's for a jigmaster, but this one is staying right here  :) :)

Reel 224

Quote from: Maxed Out on January 13, 2017, 01:48:55 AM

Man, that was fun....hey Lou, I'll take 3 more ASAP  ;D ;D

Ted: don't think the red "T" handle that you have on that red reel I have copied, you just got yours first. ;D ;). Very nice combo on all those reels.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Maxed Out

Quote from: Reel 224 on January 14, 2017, 12:07:56 AM
Quote from: Maxed Out on January 13, 2017, 01:48:55 AM

Man, that was fun....hey Lou, I'll take 3 more ASAP  ;D ;D

Ted: don't think the red "T" handle that you have on that red reel I have copied, you just got yours first. ;D ;). Very nice combo on all those reels.

Joe

I hear ya Joe, they all have Lou love inside...Seeing how Lou injects the ribbon candy inside, there's no 2 that will be ever be alike, but there will never be any doubt they all came from the same place. His work is undeniably instantly recognizable and will remain that way for generations to come. I'm very proud to have them on my reels and will have to hide em from my mates so they don't walk away after a day on the water. Lol