501 Conversion

Started by Reel 224, January 13, 2017, 06:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

I just converted the JigMaster 500 I built out of the Cortez Conversions plates to a 501 which is much more usefull for my needs. I added a Shift lever from Ted and the 501 kit came from Randy, handle arm is three7sevens knob is Pro challengers and 5:1 gears as well as SS bridge w/Double dog and 5 stack from Bryan.  Here are a few pictures of the old first and new second.

Joe

PS You will notice the great change that Ted's shift lever makes to the appearance of the reel, as a matter of fact all the conversion parts are fitted perfectly.
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Maxed Out

Joe, you just hit a home run.  :o :o

What a beautiful 501 you created. I'm quite certain that Otto Henze is smiling down upon you with full seal of approval.

-Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Bill B

Thats gonna be a classic brother....great looking reel....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

thorhammer

Joe, that's a great build right there!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Love it Joe!  What a beautiful reel.

steelfish

awesome little tank you have there Joe

now go kill some fish
The Baja Guy

Alto Mare

Nice reel Joe. Did the narrow spool come with the frame from Tiburon?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Reel 224

Quote from: Alto Mare on January 13, 2017, 07:49:40 PM
Nice reel Joe. Did the narrow spool come with the frame from Tiburon?

Yes Sal. It worked right out of the box, no hassles with assembly.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

STRIPER LOU

Yup, Looks reely good Joe. Great size and color and the shift lever definitely adds to the whole show. Sweet reel!

I think I'm gonna owe Ted big time when I place my next order. Its all good though as they are top quality parts.

I actually replied to you earlier and for some reason the post is MIA. Don't know where it went and I didn't want you to think I'd lost my mind if it shows up twice.

Rest assured the mind is SHOT at this point and there isn't much that can be done about it!

Have a great afternoon,  ..  Lou

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Reel 224

Quote from: STRIPER LOU on January 13, 2017, 08:20:43 PM
Yup, Looks reely good Joe. Great size and color and the shift lever definitely adds to the whole show. Sweet reel!

I think I'm gonna owe Ted big time when I place my next order. Its all good though as they are top quality parts.

I actually replied to you earlier and for some reason the post is MIA. Don't know where it went and I didn't want you to think I'd lost my mind if it shows up twice.

Rest assured the mind is SHOT at this point and there isn't much that can be done about it!

Have a great afternoon,  ..  Lou

Lou: As I know you better then some, I know your mind is not "Shot", your just working to many jobs at once. ;) :D

Joe

hurt locker

Aiala

Eye candy for sure... but so was the original! Fish it in good health.  ;)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

foakes

Nice to see a Master at his good works --

Even though we have exceptional products from various talented sources within our family -- the project pieces are made better by the skill of a gunsmith and reel-smith.

It is beautiful, Joe --

Best Always,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.