Giddy Up Little Horsey !!

Started by Maxed Out, January 22, 2017, 12:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Randy Pauly(Vintage Offshore Tackle) posted up a killer deal on a Tiburon 4/0 WEX kit last week and I still had a set of Tom's plates to build out, so opportunity was knocking and I answered.

This one needs some inner strength, so every mod possible went internally, where now only 3 penn springs reside as original equipment (yoke springs, and eccentric spring).

Looking outside you'd hardly know this was once a 113H. Capacity on this extra wide topless 4/0 is same as a 6/0. :o :o

This reel was built entirely with components from this forum. Toms Cortez plates, adams handle star, Alan C's knob and internals, Keta's lug blanks, Scotts B&T ht-100's and delrin washers, and frame/spool from Randy Pauly @ vintage offshore tackle, the guy that can find most any custom reel or part. The handle and lever came from the forum also. ;D ;D

Not sure I'm tough enough to fish it, ;D so it'll take shelf space for now  :D -Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

handi2

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

steelhead_killer

><)))">

Bill B

:o :o :o :o :o   great build brother......Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Alto Mare

Nice build Ted, all that reel needs is a silver clamp ;), but still looks gorgeous.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Tightlines667

I can't think of a finer fate for that wex. 

Nice work sir!
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Dominick

Wow!  You always amaze.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

STRIPER LOU

The Silver Beauty! Looks great. I think maybe, more of a big horsey though!

..................Lou

mley1

Good luck fishing,

Marty

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Alto Mare on January 22, 2017, 03:58:09 AM
Nice build Ted, all that reel needs is a silver clamp ;), but still looks gorgeous.

You are right about the clamp Sal, and thanks for the plug Ted.  I will put the silver clamp into the next box going your way.  Please remind me if I forget.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on January 24, 2017, 10:38:01 PM

You are right about the clamp Sal, and thanks for the plug Ted.  I will put the silver clamp into the next box going your way.  Please remind me if I forget.
Haha...just to cover myself Randy, I said it is still gorgeous :)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Maxed Out

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on January 24, 2017, 10:38:01 PM

You are right about the clamp Sal, and thanks for the plug Ted.  I will put the silver clamp into the next box going your way.  Please remind me if I forget.

Randy, the silver clamp you have wont fit the WEX. This reel has different hardware and the holes in the clamp are much larger than standard tib clamp. Thanks for the offer Randy.  I do have silver clamp coming in my next batch from the plater. ;D ;D -Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

You're right Ted.  I forgot about the small holes.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!