Curado 200 Spool Bearing Pin

Started by Danny8969, February 22, 2017, 08:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philaroman

I've been saving various tiny broken drill bits, in case I ever need to make one of those pins
am I wasting my efforts -- any reason why that wouldn't work?
are Dremel cutting wheels & jewelers diamond-dust file good enough for the cut & touch-up?

alantani

no, that will work!  you might want to look into one of those drill bit sharpeners, though!!!!  ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Zimbass

For Exp2000

Never was so much owed by so many to so few.

philaroman

Quote from: alantani on February 24, 2017, 01:38:14 AM
no, that will work!  you might want to look into one of those drill bit sharpeners, though!!!!  ;D

Thanks & Happy Birthday!!!  sharpener won't help; snapped -- not, dull; not much left above the smooth SS that goes into the choke...  hence, the re-purposing

Zimbass (or anyone),

somewhere ??? I have a couple pre-Curado Bantam Coriolis (100?)...  damaged thin-graphite frames, chewed-up gears & dog/pawl A/R's -- not worth restoring, BUT! the spool assemblies are fairly modern/high-end, same/similar to above photo & PRISTINE -- any idea if they would fit an early-model Curado/Citica ???

Zimbass

Quote from: philaroman on February 24, 2017, 05:04:41 AM
Quote from: alantani on February 24, 2017, 01:38:14 AM

Thanks & Happy Birthday!!!  sharpener won't help; snapped -- not, dull; not much left above the smooth SS that goes into the choke...  hence, the re-purposing

Zimbass (or anyone),

somewhere ??? I have a couple pre-Curado Bantam Coriolis (100?)...  damaged thin-graphite frames, chewed-up gears & dog/pawl A/R's -- not worth restoring, BUT! the spool assemblies are fairly modern/high-end, same/similar to above photo & PRISTINE -- any idea if they would fit an early-model Curado/Citica ???

Most of these older spools look similar, but have different spool widths, and/or shorter/longer spool shafts.

I have not found anything from those early models that would fit the Curado or Citica B series.

Cheers.

Terry.

Never was so much owed by so many to so few.

exp2000

Quote from: Zimbass on February 24, 2017, 04:00:48 AM
For Exp2000

Thanks. I definitely have not seen that arrangement in a Curado before.
~