Hello from South Carolina

Started by wfjord, March 08, 2017, 07:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wfjord

Hello. This looks like a friendly place I could learn a lot of good stuff. I just recently discovered this website while trying to research reel bearings, carbon fiber drag washers, and various drag & reel lubricants for my old Shimano Bantam reels, which I recently decided to completely disassemble, clean and upgrade.  In the process of  disassembling and reassembling these reels, I discovered I really love taking these things apart.  After I finish with these, I've got a box full of Penn Reels that need some attention.

I primarily fish freshwater now, both conventional and fly tackle for stripers, Lm and smallies).  I'm nearly 65 and the older I get the more my fondness for light tackle increases --thus my return to the Bantams, which, technologically outdated as they are, make me happy to use.  I haven't used my saltwater tackle since the '80s, when I was living in the Tampa area.

Looking forward to being here.

Dominick

Welcome from San Mateo, CA.  If you have any questions when you hit the Penn box of reels sing out.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

David Hall

Welcome, what part of SC are you residing?

thorhammer

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

foakes

Welcome aboard, Sir --

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

wfjord

Thanks for the Welcome!

Quote from: David Hall on March 08, 2017, 08:31:04 PM
Welcome, what part of SC are you residing?

David, I'm in the Columbia area.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Benni3

Bill B

Welcome Big W..,all those old Penns are trash you should send them to me for proper disposal....in my display case  ;D....you are among friends here.....Bill, Sacramento Delta.
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

wfjord

Thank you all again for the welcome.

Quote from: TARFU on March 09, 2017, 04:10:03 AM
Welcome Big W..,all those old Penns are trash you should send them to me for proper disposal....in my display case  ;D....you are among friends here.....
Bill, Sacramento Delta.

That box of Penn's does need some weeding.

oc1

To me, the early Bantams and Speed Spools were a huge technological jump.  Since then, there has only been incremental tweaking and refinements.
Welcome.
-steve

Long Enuff

Welcome aboard from another South Carolina native, Charleston area.

Bill