Shimano Saragosa 18000F rebuild HELP

Started by caveirex, March 28, 2017, 12:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caveirex

Hi everyone.
First off all, i´m sorry about my english wrinting...not my native language.

Well, i need some help on my Gosa18000F rebuild...
Started to make my own maitenance on my reels for the last 2 or 3 years (this forum was the begining off all for me), and kinda liked it....a lot :)

On my last adventure opening my Saragosa18000F for the 3 time, i had to replace the drive gear. Bought a new one, but when i closed the reel, i realized that something was wrong. When i turn the handle theres a cranky sound. I believe that is the drive gear touching on the oscillating slider, as shown on the photo. What can i do? I use the originals spacers, original bearings, just changed the drive gear, and it is the same size as the old one...checked that. And the new one is SHIMANO original.
Really dont get it :/

Thanks in advance
Paulo Andrade

Wolli

check if the pawl fits correct in the grooves of the worm shaft
love jigging    www.jupiter-sunrise-lodge.com/de/
Authorized Jigging Master Service Partner (in Germany)

caveirex

Quote from: Wolli on March 28, 2017, 03:38:23 PM
check if the pawl fits correct in the grooves of the worm shaft

Thanks. I checked, and everything looks fitted to me :/

johndtuttle

Did you replace the pinion gear also? They usually have to be replaced at the same time as the pinion as worn to match the previous gear.

caveirex

Quote from: johndtuttle on March 28, 2017, 07:30:27 PM
Did you replace the pinion gear also? They usually have to be replaced at the same time as the pinion as worn to match the previous gear.

No, i just changed the drive gear. I´ll buy a new one and see if the noise continue or not.
Thanks

Bryan Young

There are slight tolerances in all gears and it will probably need to be shimmed for proper fitment.   I suspect you need some additional shims to move the gear.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D