Hello From Orangevale, California

Started by THBailey, April 19, 2017, 01:28:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THBailey

Hello to the Board.  I look forward to participating and learning.  Just one question, Alan asked for a face picture.  I wonder if he wanted me or someone who looks a little more presentable???
Thanks, THBailey

"Everyone is ignorant, just in different subjects"
                                      Will Rogers

Bill B

Lookig good brother.....I mean the fish  ;D ;D....Bill, just down the river from you in West Sac....
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

bhale1

THBailey,
Welcome...I can see your face, and it says ," I just caught me a good one".....You can learn tons here, I know I am,....
Enjoy!
Brett

David Hall

You can't look any worse than most of us and your holding a fish so nobody is looking at your face anyway!
Welcome.

THBailey

Well thanks Gents.  Just for the record, the fish is the biggest German Brown Trout I have ever caught.  Fall River several years ago.  Went back in the water just after the photo, not too much worse for wear.
Thanks, THBailey

Will Rogers

foakes

Nice fish, TH --

Welcome aboard!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Shark Hunter

Welcome TH.!
You will fit right in here. ;)
Life is Good!

Tiddlerbasher

sdlehr

Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

El Pescador

THBailey!

Man, o'man, you brought up memories this am!

I was raised in Orangevale!  Parents home was on Elm Avenue, between Chestnut & Filbert.

Attended Green Oaks Elementary, Louis Pasteur Middle School (was Junior High School in the day) and Casa Robles HS - Where I was the High School Yearbook Photographer.

Welcome, where you do fish in the area????

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

THBailey

Quote from: El Pescador on April 19, 2017, 01:59:34 PM
THBailey!

Man, o'man, you brought up memories this am!

I was raised in Orangevale!  Parents home was on Elm Avenue, between Chestnut & Filbert.

Attended Green Oaks Elementary, Louis Pasteur Middle School (was Junior High School in the day) and Casa Robles HS - Where I was the High School Yearbook Photographer.

Welcome, where you do fish in the area????

Wayne

What year did you get out of Casa?  Both my boys went there and my better half was a secretary in the counselors office until she retired a couple of years ago.  And pretty much you name it and we fish it, the American, Folsom Lake, the Feather, the Sac, etc.
Thanks, THBailey

Will Rogers

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

El Pescador

I graduated from Casa Robles the year they converted from writing with chunks of coal to lead-tipped pencils!  1974.

I'm an old guy.  Brother and 2 sisters graduated from CR also.  Also, attended Am. River Junior College - the name at the time.

Fishing locations:  First fish ever caught - Folsom Lake - between Beal's point & Granite Bay.
Fished the tailing ponds for Largemouth Bass near Natomas.
Almanor lake each Labor Day weekend from before Sunrise to well after Sunset.

Wrights lake off Hwy. 50, South Fork of the American River, Silver Fork Creek near Kyburz, and most streams & lakes in the Desolation Wilderness area, the area between Hwy. 50, Hwy. 80 & Lake Tahoe.  Any place in the mountains to get out of the summer heat of the Sacramento Valley. 

This is a great site, you're going to like it here.

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

THBailey

1974?  Ya, that would be a bit before my boys went there!  Just noticed you are in San Mateo.  Believe it or not, I was raised down there.  Graduated from Aragon High School class of '69.  I was using the chunks of coal all the way through.   
Thanks, THBailey

Will Rogers