Navarre 2017

Started by Shark Hunter, April 24, 2017, 01:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

conchydong

Quote from: Aiala on May 01, 2017, 01:48:49 PM
Incredible gear...!  :o  I'm curious, Mr. Shark: What sort of sand spike can take the weight of something like the Godfather?  ???

~A~

I think he has set his spikes in place already!

Shark Hunter

Just picking them up, I think the 18/0 is lighter than the 14/0 fully spooled.
Just PVC pipe pounded in the sand.
It won't be an arms length away at any time. ;)
Life is Good!

STRIPER LOU

Your lookin good there Mr .D!

For most , just being on the water does that for us. I've seen the sun rise and set on the ocean thousands of times and it never gets old.

Knock em dead Bud! Save a couple for us novices and have a great time!

.........................Lou

Alto Mare

Great shot of you and the  ready for action gear. Good luck buddy!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Tightlines667

Good luck Daron!

You know those sharks like to come in on a rising tide at night, expecially if you've got a full moon and some wave action.  Target rip areas (any deeper channel with offshore flow).  

You look ready to roll.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

FatTuna

Have you tried a beach cart that attaches through the scupper holes? Super easy to put it on and take it off. I have that same kayak and I pull it down the beach. Won't help with stairs though.

It's 81 degrees down here in Marathon. Hooked up on two tarpon today. Jumped one and got the other one to my kayak. Walked it under the train bridge. Guy in the boat next to me jumped a monster. Fishing seems to be heating up. The bugs are bad. Been using OFF deepwoods and it's not even phasing them.

Shark Hunter

I wish I was allowed to build a fire on the beach.
A good fire would take care of those Mutant Bugs.
I'm just going to try and stay covered.
They really aren't a problem at night, until the wind starts blowing.
Then they come out of the dunes and all hell breaks loose.
Long sleeve shirt, Jeans, Gloves and sand socks with a Full face net boonie hat.
This time next week, I'll deal with that. ;)
Life is Good!

FatTuna

I thought I had seen the worst of them until last night. I was camped out down in the Everglades. They had a sign stating that there are 34 different types of mosquitoes in that park...... That's not including the noseeums, flies, and spiders. There were so many spiders that when I shined my headlamp at the ground it looked like sparkling glitter. It was really the eyes of the spiders reflecting back at me.......

Shark Hunter

I don't have a problem with spiders, but I'm not sleeping with them.
I would break out a can of WD-40 and a lighter and go hillbilly flamethrower.
Then zip that tent up tight.
The deal with the bugs in Florida, I can deal with, because when I'm done doing battle with them. I can go back to my condo, and forget about it.
Jump in the pool, take a shower, wash off my reels and be ready for the next day.
My camping days are over.
When I've had enough, I go back to my condo. No Bugs, No spiders.
Just the AC, a Cold beer, Grill out some Steaks, and maybe some TV.
I'll do battle with them for so long. I have a refuge. It is only a few steps away. ;)
Life is Good!

mo65

Quote from: Shark Hunter on May 02, 2017, 06:16:40 AM
When I've had enough, I go back to my condo. No Bugs, No spiders.
Just the AC, a Cold beer, Grill out some Steaks, and maybe some TV.
I'll do battle with them for so long. I have a refuge. It is only a few steps away. ;)

We think the same a lot Daron...your plan sounds excellent to me! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

broadway

Go get 'em D! Happy to see you're getting some R & R.
Enjoy and tight lines.  If there's a shark out there you'll get 'em.
No matter what happens... We know you have the right gear for the job, after all you've showed us all how it's done with these big boy Senators and Everols.
Dom

FatTuna

The camping has been great man. I get where you are coming from though. When I'm a bit older I will probably have the same mindset and go the condo route.

Let me know if you need any help fishing for those sharks. I might be able to take a detour on the ride back home. Provided the timing works out.

Shark Hunter

I will always invite a member of the family to fish with me.
Anytime from May 9th to the 18th.
Due to my circumstances, I can't provide lodging. The condo is only so big, and I'll have my family with me.
If it were my house, you could stay as long as you wish.
I can provide bait, Kayak, a beach chair and a few cold ones with and a tricked out reel for an afternoon, or as long as you want to go into the night.
There are cheap hotels nearby.
The Best Western in Navarre is my go to in September.
Its less than a mile from my condo.
It is up to you.
I will be there, and I always appreciate company.
My wife and son have different objectives.
I try to keep it all in harmony.
Send me a pm if you want to fish.
I don't own a cell phone, so that is the only way to contact me.
Life is Good!

Gfish

No cell phone!?, Man what's that like? How's an ohana guy like yourself get away with it?
I held off for years, then discovered as I took over my aging parents care, that everyone and their mother expected to be able contact me whenever/wherever at a moments notice. Parental unit at that time totaly unreliable to get nessassery info. for call-backs, etc. on their homephone. Then I got married and it got worse. I believe the people who developed the "cell phones for everyone" concept knew what a great selling point it'ed be for wife's wanting to track down their husbands whenever/wherever.
Now I'm stuck with the thing, but it does come in handy as I don't have home landline.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

FatTuna

Daron, I would really like to meet up and try and catch a shark with you. I'm down to fish all night. Whatever it takes.

I'm still down in the keys right now. Going to be making my way back up north starting the 15th. Check your PMs.