Navarre 2017

Started by Shark Hunter, April 24, 2017, 01:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rancanfish

Daron,  those conditions look rough bro!   ;D ;D

I wouldn't survive if that's Bud though.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Benni3

Flip a quarter  in the water for good luck. my dad always made me do that  :D

Shark Hunter

Never did that one before Benni.
You obviously catch more fish than me, so I'll give it a whirl.
I just need to make sure my son isn't around, or he will dive in after it. ;)
I'm having a great time either way.
The shark fishing is just something I've incorporated into our family Vacation.
I know they are there, so what the heck.
It did some serious storming here today.
Stocked up the fridge and took the Family out for a nice Dinner.
Life is Good!

Benni3

Yeah,,,I'm just getting some stocked trout,,,ok last time  I went down to fort pieces chartered 2 boats missed 2 nice fish ? But me and my girlfriend had the best time ever ,,, unlike when  i tryed fishing off a carnival cruise ship thay got mad really mad ,,, lol ;D i did tell the captain to keep the ship in the water .

Shark Hunter

I only took one pic today.
We are having tons of fun.
My Wife and son.
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

I'm glad you're having a good time with your wife and son Daron, you've put in some long shifts at work, this is well deserved.
A shark would just be a bonus...enjoy it!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

thorhammer

Quote from: Shark Hunter on May 12, 2017, 02:28:23 AM
The snot grass is killing me!
I tried to do just topwater casting, but it still is a problem.
This one is for you John,
You can't drank all day if you don't start. ;D

Tru dat, brother!

broadway

Just glad you're enjoying your much deserved vacay with the family.  The sharks will come in due time, but the memories you're making last until your eyes close... and beyond.
Stay fishy and keep the faith, Big D!
dom

Shark Hunter

I'm trying Dom.
Gearing up for last night.
Dropped the first bait about 930 pm. 500 yards out. A mid section of Blackfin on the 14/0. At least a 2lb bait. 14/0 Gama hook with 500lb wire and cable slider.
Robin took the head of it and ran it out about 300 on the 12/0. Then the wind really started picking up. I was wearing jeans, but that cold wind made me feel like I was naked.
The lines were tight and we settled in hoping for Jaws to stop by. He didn't show. The crabs completely devoured both our baits.
I called it about three am. Sharking is tough sometimes. :-\
Life is Good!

conchydong

Quote from: Shark Hunter on May 17, 2017, 08:08:44 PM
Sharking is tough sometimes. :-\

Except when you don't want them. ;D

Never the less, I hope you have a wonderful time on your holiday.

broadway

D, no matter how it ends no one can say you're not a die hard shark fisherman. I love and admire your passion.
Stay fishy pal,
Dom

thorhammer

Tru dat Dom.  I'm about to fly over you.  Stuck in lga for eight hours.

Shark Hunter

Kayaking might be a challenge this evening. :o
3 to four footers 10' apart.
Life is Good!

broadway

Next time you get stuck in my neck of the woods... we'll have some food waiting for ya.
Daron, if you go kayaking chunks of fish out in that stuff you might as well put a hook in your leg and go swimming.
Stay fishy, but not that fishy, ;)
Dom

Shark Hunter

Well Guys and Gals,
I'm back home in Kentucky. Safe and Sound. Sharkless Again!
The Sea Grass was the biggest problem. It just makes the beach unfishable.
You can try, but it will bring your line back to the beach with snot all over your line.
A one lb claw weight is as big as I go.
Not fun at all cleaning it off.
I could have went to the pier and caught a small fish to say it wasn't a skunk. but I think that's cheating.
In the past, We have run up and down the coast trying to find a better spot. I'm done with that.
If they are not In the Ocean in front of where I'm staying, I'll try again tomorrow. I think its just spinning your wheels and wasting energy, gas and precious vacation time.
I'm not making excuses. I just want something capable of testing my gear. We still had a great time with great weather.
Great Food and just plain time relaxing with my feet in the white sand.
Got to spend a few evenings on the beach with Robin. (Army of One)
A really good down to earth Family Guy. When I say evening, I mean 8 in the evening until about 4 am.
The guy is a trooper, and had to get back to send his kids to school in the morning.
I feel I'm a pretty good judge of Character, and this guy is as good as they come. We also made a few trades.
A Nice 10/0 for a 12/0 build of my own for him, and a Nice Rapala Boga Grip for a Submersible Pelican light.
I didn't get to meet up with Keith or Bob. I regret that. I'm sure they will forgive me and we will meet again. We just couldn't connect, its hard with no cell phone. I still refuse to own one.
One more neat thing that happened on this Vacation. A Leather Back Turtle laid her eggs right I front of the walkway to the beach outside our condo. This Turtle is Not a Native Species of this area. This was really neat. This is a 700 lb turtle, capable of diving to over 3000 feet.
I'll be back in four months to try again.
Thanks for cheering me on, but it wasn't in the cards. I can handle it, and loved every minute of it! ;)
Daron
Life is Good!