Fish pictures anyone?

Started by gstours, May 23, 2017, 03:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

I for one, ;D would like to see some fish pictures of the past.    Doesn't anybody fish anymore?  ???  I,m stuck on the land for a few more weeks >:(
    Thanks to those that help. :-*

alantani

yeah, it seems like a bunch of us got left on the dock for a few months......   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Johnj67

Last week 28 pounds 41 inches...

John

Porthos

Quote from: gstours on May 23, 2017, 03:46:43 PM
   I for one, ;D would like to see some fish pictures of the past.    Doesn't anybody fish anymore?  ???  I,m stuck on the land for a few more weeks >:(
    Thanks to those that help. :-*

How far back in the past?

If a BFT from 2013 is far enough back, I'd recently (had to dig back through 4 years of Facebook posts to find it) put this one up in the Fishing Tips and Techniques section:

If insufficient , I'll see if I can hook up to another corvina out of San Diego Bay like the one I'd caught last Saturday and post a pic...

Cor

Feeding Yellowtail, Nov 2008.  Second photo on the same day, Rod, gaff and camera all at the same time!
Thought I would add the days catch.   These fish are all in the 10 to 15 lb class and the one that the shark had a bit less ;D
Cornelis

Shark Hunter

89" Scalloped Hammer Head. May 8th 2015. He swam off strong. I haven't caught a Shark Since. >:(
Life is Good!

foakes

Not a big deal compared to most of you guys --  however, here is a 4 pound, 21 inch rainbow from last week at Shaver Lake -- 15 minutes from our house.  Back by Tunnel Creek -- just outside the current swirl from the inflow and falls.

Speedy Shiner -- 4 colors down on leadcore with a 12' leader.  Kept a 3 & 4 pounder -- lipped the other 12 or so rainbows that were 12" to 14" -- released unharmed.

We had three dinners out of this one fish for Sue and I.  Friday, Saturday, Monday.

Butter, lemon, lemon pepper, salt, pepper, capers, rosemary -- wrap in tin foil.   Cook 9 minutes on the BBQ --
or 20 minutes in the oven at 350.  For me, a sprinkle of Cholulu Sauce when served steaming hot.

Spine and bones just pull out like a zipper -- nice firm and mild pink flesh.

Burning giant piles of slash timber today -- branches and junk.  Will be monitoring the 5 piles through the night and most of tomorrow.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Keta

We have been targeting 8-10 inch kokanee and we rarely photo them.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Aiala

ROYAL STAR Dorado, October 2014  :D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

STRIPER LOU

July, 2013. Caught on my homemade Slope Head Swimmer in white/red head. 58lbs 13oz.

.....................Lou

Johnj67

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Benni3

Very nice fish keep them coming  :o ;D

Steve-O

Groovy little Sturgeon, Lee! ;D

My Avatar fishies.