Bushkill Creek / Bushkill, PA

Started by ChileRelleno, May 26, 2017, 09:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

Good choice on the addition of the tail Benni. When the fish had lockjaw we use to put a garden worm on in the same fashion. It was killer!

......................Lou

humboldtdan

Flies are deadly on those streams.  If you don't have fly gear you can use a float with a fly so you can cast it.

ChileRelleno

Day Six

Neither of us landed a trout.
Small Smallies, Sunfish and Fallfish were all we managed.
Only got about four hours of fishing in.

Day Seven

Nate didn't do much fishing today, so nothing for him to show.

Myself on the other hand spent the afternoon in pursuit of fish, and it was quite an aggravating, yet rewarding day.

Rewarding that I landed three trout today, several Smallies and a few Sunfish too.

Aggravating in that:
I lost several trout at the net.
Ran through tackle/lures like a bacon through a goose.
Found the deepest hole in the creek... And stepped into it up to my chin.
Snapped the tip of my best trout rod off at the second guide while trying to land the last trout of the day...  I sure do hope Bass Pro replaces it.

One more day of fishing before heading home.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

ChileRelleno

Daron, here are two more of my lil'clan you've not met.
My eldest and youngest.

And another pic Momma took.

Ragnar Benson:
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Shark Hunter

I know very well of your determination John.
That is why I always like fishing with you.
Its all out or nothing.
Just try to enjoy yourself.
I remember the last time we fished together,
You jumped in my Kayak and attempted to paddle to Cuba.
You ended up back on the beach with my Shark rig in your hands and collapsed on the sand.
I wish you only the best on your Vacation.
Try to step back and enjoy it with the family.
That is my downfall, I like to sit back and enjoy it too much instead of going at it like I should.
I would love to be on that Stream with you and Nate.
Safe travels my friend,
Daron
Life is Good!

ChileRelleno

Day Eight

And as the sun sets on the last fishing day of our vacation, I count my many Blessings.
Of which for today, I didn't lose a single piece of tackle, but didn't land any fish either.
Two hookups, two losses and several fish short striking and/or aborting their run on the lures.

My family and I had a great time, no accidents or injuries... Still a long 1100+ mile ride home.
Pray for us as we head back South, dang highways and drivers are crazy now-a-days.

Thank you to all who offered tips/tricks and encouragement.

Ragnar Benson:

Bryan Young

Looks and sounds like an awesome vacation.

Safe travels back home.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

I hope you enjoyed the fresh air Pennsylvania has to offer, it sure looks like you had a great vacation. Thanks for sharing your daly adventures, we feel as we were there with you.
Safe travels back home, John!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Great Report John!
1100 miles is a long haul.
Its glad to see the Woman behind the Man. ;).
Or should I say in front of the Man. ;D
Thanks for taking us along with your family.
Please be safe in your travels my brother.
I'll see you soon,
Daron
Life is Good!

swill88

Thanks John!

Your family could have been cast in the lead for How the West Was Won.

Americans to the max.

Love your posts, except, can't eat all that bacon. Wish I could.

Steve

Gfish

Good question. I thought I's doin the right thing in Alaska, by peein around my tent every night to "mark my territory"? No problems though. In fact we never saw a bear, only giant paw/claw prints in the mud n' sand down by the river every morning. There's a big diffrence between wild grizzlies and wild/accostumed-to-humans black bears. I've heard it said that the bears more used to the presence of a-lota humans are more dangerous.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Alto Mare on June 03, 2017, 01:23:33 AM
I hope you enjoyed the fresh air Pennsylvania has to offer, it sure looks like you had a great vacation. Thanks for sharing your daly adventures, we feel as we were there with you.
Safe travels back home, John!

Sal
Thanks Sal.
Ragnar Benson:

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 03, 2017, 03:20:11 AM
Great Report John!
1100 miles is a long haul.
Its glad to see the Woman behind the Man. ;).
Or should I say in front of the Man. ;D
Thanks for taking us along with your family.
Please be safe in your travels my brother.
I'll see you soon,
Daron
Thanks Daron,
hope to have time to shark with ya later in the year.
Ragnar Benson:

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Bryan Young on June 03, 2017, 12:55:08 AM
Looks and sounds like an awesome vacation.

Safe travels back home.
Thanks Bryan.
Ragnar Benson:

Benni3