Bearing puller

Started by Alto Mare, May 14, 2011, 11:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Alan a whyle back I purchased some vintage tools from Penn, one of the tool is a bearing puller, I wasn't sure at first but when I tried it on a bearing it worked perfectly. the tool is a stainless steel rod about 3/16" thick and 8" in lenght, bent as an " L " shape at the center, the tip has been machined and it looks just like a nail about 1/2" in lenght, the other side is 1/8" smaller in diameter...still looks like a nail head. the smaller side is worn a bit but still works. As I mentioned, this tool works great and I was wondering if you could get one of your machinist to manufacture some for everybody else here, I would also take one more. To get and idea, I have it showing on the tenth picture from the top on the 16/0 Penn Tutorial. If interested, I could send the part to you so it can be copied. Let me know, thanks! Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

ReelSpeed

I can start making these Alto.. Do you guys want some?
Reelspeed Reel Service & Repair
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
(562) 261-5190

Alto Mare

I can't answer for averybody else but I would definitely go for one.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Alto Mare

To all members.
I have this tool and pulling bearings is a breeze, think about it so we can get ReelSpeed to make us some. I'm not in it for the money, nor did I have a conversation with ReelSpeed about it, I simply want to help out. Take care, Sal

ReelSpeed

I will make a couple up and post the pictures here.  Let me see what it takes to make them and I will put a price on them. 

Aaron
(562) 261-5190

Alto Mare

Aaron, do you need me to send you the part? Sal

ReelSpeed

That would probably make life a little easier.. Go ahead and mail it to me and I will duplicate it.

Aaron
(562) 261-5190

broadway

Reel Speed,

I'm in for one of them custom pullers!
Dom

Gman_WC

I'll take one. Any pictures? -g
Walnut Creek, CA

Alto Mare

Aaron, I mailed the part out  today, you should be getting  it within a couple of days. Thanks! Sal

Alto Mare

Quote from: Gman_WC on May 15, 2011, 08:11:59 PM
I'll take one. Any pictures? -g

Sorry Gary I can't take a picture, the part is on it's way to ReelSpeed. I'm sure that Aaron will post a picture when he is done making a few and also give us an idea of how much it would cost us. Check under the Penn Tutorial  on a  16/0 it's the tenth picture from the top, you shoul be able to get an idea.

ReelSpeed

Sure will.  Shouldn't take long to at least make the first prototype.  Then I will post a picture and pricing.  Thanks for sending it out Sal!
(562) 261-5190

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Yes, you have to teach me how you do that. I tried to post that picture but no luck, thanks Bryan!

Gman_WC

open open open  ;D-

Aaron, whats the good word? -g
Walnut Creek, CA