4/0 In Disguise

Started by Maxed Out, June 27, 2017, 09:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Had an itch I had to scratch. I always wanted to narrow a stock 4/0 to "99" width, (aka "grouper Special") using all stock Penn parts. The spool and posts are from a 66.

Pic shows a 3/0 that compares it to the same width this 4/0 was before I cannibalized it  :D :D

-Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

mo65

I love that classic look...just chrome and black...distinguished.
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

David Hall

Just realized I have a beauty of a stock 4/0 and a 66 just siting around.  Thanks Ted!

George4741

Ted, did you use a 30-99 stand?  That is the only 6-screw stand I know of that will fit.  Any modifications to the stand?

That's a mighty fine looking reel, actually both of them are.  Almost too nice to fish.
viurem lliures o morirem

Maxed Out

Quote from: George4741 on June 27, 2017, 10:45:57 PM
Ted, did you use a 30-99 stand?  That is the only 6-screw stand I know of that will fit.  Any modifications to the stand?

That's a mighty fine looking reel, actually both of them are.  Almost too nice to fish.

It is a 99 seat George. No modification to the seat.

I did just slightly enlarge the outer stand holes on each side plate from the inside and thru the bakelite right up to the outer ring, but not thru it.

sharkman

Will this work with 4/0 special

Maxed Out

Quote from: sharkman on July 11, 2017, 08:33:09 PM
Will this work with 4/0 special

Yes, already did one of the 113h last year. You'll also need a Tiburon t4n spool to narrow your 113h