tackle shops

Started by Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B, July 14, 2017, 01:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

i'm departing this evening to fish aboard the eldorado, anyone knows a good shop near berth 55 or at least near the 91 or 710...

thanks!

PacRat

Good luck! The Eldorado has really hit the yellowtail this week. Flat Fall jigs were fairly successful last week but most yellowtail fell for bait. They had plenty of live squid and some big sardines. Make sure you have big hooks. Pier 55 has a pretty good supply of tackle right there at the dock. What are you looking to purchase?
Mike

PacRat

I don't have any first hand experience with shops on the 91 or 710 but there's Sav-On Tackle at the 5 and 605 in Santa Fe Springs and Bob's in Norwalk near the 5 and Imperial Hwy. Be sure to get to the landing extra early if you want a good bunk. They will line up early and the bunks will go quickly.
Mike

Swami805

Island tackle in Carson has a ton of gear. Right off the 405 on Avalon. Good guy big store lots of gear
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: PacRat on July 14, 2017, 03:05:18 PM
Sav-On Tackle

yeah pass by there last week on my way to 22nd st landing. looking for nothing in particular maybe slides...

thanks Mike  :) 8)

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Hamachi

Takas off the 91 open til 6. There are a lot of shops around, I don't know if I would recommend any of them to a friend. Hard to find a good shop. Just go in, look around, buy what you need, and get out! Lol!
The rail is your friend, no zing pow, on the iron wenches, I like broccoli!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: Hamachi on July 14, 2017, 05:57:52 PM
Just go in, look around, buy what you need, and get out! Lol!
hey warren, c'mon fish the pride (http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=22215.0) with us next month...

or not even stop at any tackle shop but unfortunately i have a "sweet tooth"... :) ;) :D ;D

locked stocked and loaded;

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMfYZJDWBW15ZMosYwmnYBB0pqotLcUL-g1PB6NDPQ8b4mjt7lC9I3sqR3lsy5Wnw/photo/AF1QipNjeFkovDBVXB3HQCOF5LFGzNSk0shEQYyfDbI_?key=NXZPRmRKd1ZwaVlHUGJZMmRLY085TkgzQmg3Tnhn

Bryan Young

Quote from: Hamachi on July 14, 2017, 05:57:52 PM
Takas off the 91 open til 6. There are a lot of shops around, I don't know if I would recommend any of them to a friend. Hard to find a good shop. Just go in, look around, buy what you need, and get out! Lol!
I go to Taka's. Family friend. 😁
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D