Very Busy Week

Started by Newell Nut, August 20, 2017, 03:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

This has been a very busy week with 4 fishing trips and a gator hunting trip. The triple tail was really fun on light tackle and live bait in the intracoastal near Ponce Inlet, gator was a 12 footer near Orlando and kings offshore from Ponce Inlet on a VK3 jig from S&G Tackle in Staten Island. Next week will be busy replacing my roof. Retirement is a hard job. ;D

bhale1

Newell Nut,

Yep!!, I'd say you were quite busy😁.   But, that's a "good" way to stay busy....that's why your always smiling!!!
Brett

Keta

NICE!!!  I want a gator  :D
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Wow Dwight, that's a nice one! Now stop advertising certain things on your shirt while gator hunting ;D
Nice going buddy!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Tightlines667

Nice work Dwight!

Looks like you have had a busy week.  

How much did that nice King weigh?  Did it take the jackpot?

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

conchydong

Awesome week Dwight. I must say that Tripletail is one of the best eating IMO and that sure is a nice one.

Scott

Newell Nut

That was my first triple tail and wow was it good on the plate. Got another about 5 lbs and this big one was 12 pounds. One of the best eating fish for sure. Yes to John and the jackpot win for the day and I got the win the day before with a nice spade fish. Did not weight the king mac since it was clearly the largest fish of the day.

Bill B

Greta way to be busy.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Dominick

Now that's what I call busy.  That is one heck of a gator.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

I want to be that kind of Busy!
Great work Dwight.
Nice Fish and Gator! ;)
Treeshaker!!!
Life is Good!

Rancanfish

Wow Dwight, that's a pretty good week for a retired guy.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Newell Nut

Quote from: Rancanfish on August 20, 2017, 11:00:16 PM

I did not tell all. I also rebuilt 6 newels for a close buddy, built one custom inshore rod and a custom gaff. The lack of sleep has me kind of run down. Glad the roofers will be here tomorrow so I can't get into another project.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Congratulations on three great trips Dwight.  It's a dirty job but someone has to do it!

Keep up the good work.

Randy

MarkT

You're looking good Dwight! You're still finding time to hit the gym with all that fishing and gatoring?
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Rancanfish

Quote from: Newell Nut on August 20, 2017, 11:12:07 PM
Quote from: Rancanfish on August 20, 2017, 11:00:16 PM

I did not tell all. I also rebuilt 6 newels for a close buddy, built one custom inshore rod and a custom gaff. The lack of sleep has me kind of run down. Glad the roofers will be here tomorrow so I can't get into another project.

Ha! Like you won't be supervising, lol.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.