Hello from Arizona!

Started by desertpaddler, September 04, 2017, 11:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

desertpaddler

I live in Arizona, and  fish for salmon from a kayak in Washington! I try to get there several times a year and have found that rebuilding my reels between trips gives me joy!
Thanks Alan for the coaching. I am a relative newbie, fishing the salt for the last 5 years get my coaching online. Having a blast and will be a proud member of this site!
Dan

desertpaddler

I'll reply to myself for now. My rebuilds from this site with all recommended upgrades have been
Penn 320 GT2
Shimano Tekota 500lc
Shimano TLD Star
and I also have rebuilt my Pflueger President 6935 spinning reel, but I couldn't find it on this site.

I fish in the summer and rebuild all of these every winter. Gives me something to do and a sense of pride that comes with getting a reel close to perfection!
Dan

foakes

Welcome aboard, Dan!

What part of Arizona?

Bezt,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

happyhooker

Howdy, Dan (desertpaddler).

Lived in AZ awhile myself; fished Lake Pleasant a lot many years ago before they put up the new dam (or is it dams?)  When I tell people I fished for trout below Stewart Mountain Dam on the Salt River just east of Phoenix, nobody can believe there could be trout that far out in the desert.  Fished the big lakes, like lake Mohave, all the way down to little stock tanks where you could cast completely across the water.

Frank

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

bhale1

Dan,

Hello and welcome! You won't find a better place to come for reel advice😀.  I love it here, bunch of great folks, always willing to give help and advice. I'm down in Tucson,....fish alot at Roosevelt, Apache...try to get up a few times each year with my daughter's to the White Mountains for trout....
Started going to San Diego more just recently for saltwater.... You found the right place!!!!
Brett

Tiddlerbasher

Hi Dan - welcome from the UK - Chris.

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Welcome Dan,

I too lived in Arizona. North Phoenix to be exact.  Loved the winters and the friends that I have made. I really didn't fish in Arizona. Not sure why.  Maybe it was the desert parties and the sun devilettes. 😉
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D