Penn Long Beach 65

Started by Noviceman, October 19, 2017, 05:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noviceman

Rudy mentioned getting one from a 190 Seaboy but I see there are 2 different versions before 1990 and after??    not sure how to tell what the year is of my reel?    and is that a perfect match for the 65??   Thanks....

sdlehr

Quote from: Noviceman on October 26, 2017, 04:21:43 PM
Rudy mentioned getting one from a 190 Seaboy but I see there are 2 different versions before 1990 and after??    not sure how to tell what the year is of my reel?   
Post-1990 was the aluminum spool; pre- was plastic. You need a post-1990 aluminum Seaboy spool for your Longbeach, not sure which Seaboy spool matches up with the 65. Rudy will be along soon, he knows.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Noviceman

thanks Sid...His post just said "190 Seaboy"     Maybe thats all I need?    See Part 29L-190 at Scotts for 26.95 plus S&H  ouch.....Will wait for him to confirm..

RowdyW

Quote from: Noviceman on October 26, 2017, 07:04:29 PM
thanks Sid...His post just said "190 Seaboy"     Maybe thats all I need?    See Part 29L-190 at Scotts for 26.95 plus S&H  ouch.....Will wait for him to confirm..
That's the one (29L-190) from the post 1990 Sea Boy reel. It will fit all Longbeach 65's.  If you don't care if it's aluminum you can get the original chrome one on ebay but that will be 75% of the cost of an aluminum one from Scott's. I would prefer the aluminum one. You could also try to contact Fat Tuna (Sean) a member here that was selling used ones at a good price.             Rudy

Noviceman

thanks for confirmation Rudy....think Iwill go new on this one...the rest of the reel appears to be in great shape....Appreciate all the help

Jim