113h frame conversion Question.

Started by Tidetime, June 21, 2011, 07:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tidetime

Alright, gotta little issue and need a little advise from you guys. I bought another 113h ebay special.  It is the older version that allows drag access without removing the sideplates/bridge.  I had planned to use it and eventually do a jvariance conversion over the winter.  I took it apart to clean and replace the washers and it has a cracked non-handle side plate.  I know I would need to order a couple of parts to make it work with the jvariance frame (clicker and a spacer sleeve).  Is there anything else I would need? and would this reel even work at all with that conversion?  If it will not is there a source for a burgundy side plate?  The seller is giving the option to return the reel completely or give me back enough money to buy a side plate.  Thanks for any help.

Irish Jigger

Check with harleerod,  they may have the part you are looking for. Failing that you may be able to pick up another burgundy 113H.

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Tidetime

New question regarding this 113h.  (has drag access by removing handle).  The slits inside the main gear only go halfway down the main gear.  The metals and carbonfiber washers I ordered from dawn will not work because the eared washer would not make contact with the CF washer below it.  So I used one of the thick metals that originally came with the reel in place of the first keyed washer in order for the first eared washer to make contact with the CF washer between the two.  Hope that makes sense...Is that what I should have done?  Seems to work...

alantani

to make it work best, you will probably have to replace the main gear with a more modern one that has the slots running all the way down.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Board4life

Starting the "Pay it Forward" movement...

Hey Tidetime... If you need my side plates, I'll give you mine. I have my old gear and pinion you can have as well. It is a newer real so they should fit the conversion. I really wanted to keep them just in case but I am sure I will never need them. Would rather see them on a reel instead of in my closet.

Just let me know. You would have to pay for shipping though... lol

Panama

Board4life,
That was cool to offer your side plate and gear to Tidetime.  Much love and respect for that. Great people on a great forum.  That is why I stay on this site.  My Mother told me they are good people still left in this world.  When I did wrong she also said "Give your soul to God because your #### belongs to me".....LOL
Great gesture Man!!!!
Anthony "Panama" Clark
Get on the water, Man!!!

Board4life

Yeah... It's all good. Like I said, they would just end up in my closet for years waiting for that "just in case" moment. And when you think about it, I have gaind a lot of value from the info on this site. I don't mind giving up a little to help a brotha out.

Tidetime

Thank you for your generosity but, I have been hooked up with a sideplate.  I could use the main gear and would be happy to pay you + shipping.  This is what makes this site great.  Hopefully I can return the favor to someone one day. 

Mark