Hello from jordan

Started by Iyad, November 07, 2017, 06:35:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iyad

Hi everyone my name is iyad im 36 years old from jordan a country in the middle east, I love saltwater fishing in the gulf of aqaba (red sea) and also I fish in fresh water for catfish and carp, excuse me if there is mistakes in what I type since english is not my first language I found out about this forum when I was looking for information about upgrading my penn senator 9/0.

Keta

Hi, I was born in the US but my English isn't always that good either.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Tiddlerbasher

Hi, I'm from England and my English ain't always perfect - it's an imperfect world - welcome ;D

Cor

Cornelis

sdlehr

Welcome, Iyad. Your English is quite good. Welcome aboard.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

foakes

Welcome aboard, Iyad --

You need to talk with Aiala about the Red Sea fishing.

She used to run a tackle shop there.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Dominick

Welcome.  I tried walking in the Red Sea but the clay was so slippery that I gave up.  This was outside of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Aiala

As-Salaam-Alaikum, Iyad!

I did indeed fish the Red Sea, back in the early 80s when I lived in Eilat. We used to troll big diving Rapalas with great success. Lots of great fish! Grouper, Dorado, Snapper, Jacks, Tuna, and even a delicious something called a tangigue (which is actually a narrow-barred Spanish Mackerel):

You will have a great time here. And by the way, I also found this site when I was looking to upgrade my 9/0 Senator! Small world, LOL  :D

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Crow

Welcome !! Glad you found us !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Gfish

Plenty of fisherman/reel people here that can guide you on a 9/0 Penn makeover.
Welcome! And "peace be onto you" bro.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

conchydong

Welcome from Florida. One of the things that makes this site great is the diversity of people and locations where they live. Lots to learn from each other about reels and fishing.

Scott

Shark Hunter

Welcome Iyad!
Come on in and enjoy the Ohana. ;)
Daron from Kentucky.
Life is Good!

ReelFishingProblems

Welcome! I loved the time I spent in Aqaba. I got to do some snorkeling and dove down to a tracked anti-aircraft piece that was used as an artificial reef. Great country and phenomenal people. I can't wait to go back.
Nick
Tampa, Fl

David Hall

Welcome Iyad, from the sunny west coast of California.  Glad to have you aboard.