"Green is the new Gold"

Started by STRIPER LOU, December 21, 2017, 08:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Lou, honestly, I have such a love hate relationship with your creations.  I so love what you do.  Perfection to the T.  Colors are so very stunning.  I hate it that I have to look at your creations from afar...only to be envious until my dying days...

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

Nice, and the color matches my teeth.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

foakes

Quote from: Keta on December 22, 2017, 04:50:49 PM

Uh...the gold part I hope, Lee?

:D ;D

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Bryan Young

Quote from: foakes on December 22, 2017, 05:58:15 PM
Quote from: Keta on December 22, 2017, 04:50:49 PM

Uh...the gold part I hope, Lee?

:D ;D

Best,

Fred

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Fred, you had me rolling....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

basto

Very skilful how you get such depth and shape in those colours. AMAZING!
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

STRIPER LOU

Thank you all so much for the positive comments. The knobs have evolved and there's a lot of  improvements that have been added in the past year. This particular reel has been dressed a bunch of different ways but consensus at the shop say's this one is the best.

Sal, as far as the polish, It was all done by hand. No buffer. The only problem is it takes a long time and unfortunately a good dose of Ibuprofen to get thru it! I have to keep coming back to it as the old hands are beat.

I've got and interesting one coming down the pike. It's a real eyeballer! Hopefully it will be finished within the next month or so and I'll be able to post it up.

All have a great evening,  ..  Lou

Donnyboat

Your lucky Lee, I ran out of tooth paste 12 months ago, love that reel, great polishing job alright, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

mrwilson99

Whoa! This reel is too beautiful to fish with! On fire!
David