Everols

Started by Shark Hunter, January 02, 2018, 01:23:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cwillis85

Absolutely appreciate the communication Daron. I am in no rush to receive parts and have faith that the only link in this chain I need to be concerned with is the post. I will be excited when it gets here but it is not worth stressing over, was still more concerned iron man was going to get lost in customs.

The only down side to everol is that parts seem to be inflated up to 300% to get it locally. The parts are very reasonable, same ball park as international parts from Italy but then you have to deal with shipping which hasn't been a cake walk. I got lucky and my reel is unused, so no parts needed except the handle, the drag stack is simply an upgrade.

I saw my reels sister bought for $100 more than I bought mine, that person looks to have put in the missing screw and now relisted it without the handle for $350 and to source that handle locally was $125. That is too much into a reel that isn't particularly rare and a new one isn't too much more. Everol are tricky used, I got lucky with my deal and an excellent wing man.
Chris

Shark Hunter

Quote from: ReelFishingProblems on March 21, 2018, 09:30:52 AM
Almost every time this thread pops up I search the auction sites to see what's available and what it costs. Right now an old 4/0 at a reasonable price (?) but there is also a newer 20/0 in black! I'm not sure if it's a good price or not, but man it looks cool. Not associated with it at all, just thought it was pretty clean looking
Nick
That 20/0 is a good deal Nick.
They are $2450 on Tackle Direct.
I already have two. ;)
Life is Good!

thorhammer

I got my Waterproof 50 Wide's new when they were $379 for a reel turning 40lbs drag, holding a thou or so of 50 mono. Frame is thicker than Penn's. Now they are $600 and OOS.

Shark Hunter

Chris,
I was starting to get a little worried, but after two months. Your drag kit has arrived.
It will be going out in the morning two day priority, along with the handle.
300% savings, Yea, I'd say it was worth it. ;)
Thanks for your patience, and coming along for the ride brother, I knew Paolo would come through.
Looks heavy duty with three kinds of different springs.
(You are on your own installing it.) ;D
I need a haircut. ::)

Life is Good!

cwillis85

Exciting news. That reel looks sweet. I will have it together by the weekend. King mackerel off the north pier. May have a use for this reel right off the bat, muscle then bad boys up quick before they break me off.
Chris

Army_of_One

The pic of you holding both looks more like a work out photo than a gear pic.  ;D  That Ironman is stunning!
Another day in Paradise!

Bill B

Job well done brother....I've been following your travels and I'm impressed with everything you have gone through...Good luck in Fla. this week.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!