Unknown unmarked spools

Started by 1badf350, June 04, 2018, 10:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1badf350

I got a box of metal spools last year and these were not marked. Does anybody recognized them?
Spool 1
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

1badf350

Spool 3

-Chris

1badf350

Spool 4. The sides of this one are straight with no taper.

-Chris

xjchad

I think #4 is from a 980 or 990.
Husband, Father, Fisherman

SoCalAngler

Number 1 and number 3 look like Newell spools. I'm not sure if they're for Penn's or if they are for the Newell reels.

Edit after checking a pic of a Newell spool for a Monofil 27 they may not be Newell. The star pattern on the side of your spools is different than the spool I have, also the dots are different as well.