Low light conditions.

Started by STRIPER LOU, June 27, 2018, 11:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

Got out this AM for several hours. The striper fishing has not been great as we're probably close to a month behind schedule due to weather and water temps.

Actually the fishing was better in the spring until shortly after the bass moved out of the rivers.

Not a great tide for today (incoming) but low light conditions helped. Water temp 64 deg and a fairly stiff current. Dropped a decent one after about an hour dragging the slope head swimmer. Hook opened.
Fairly good markings and some bait showing for a change but seemed as though they didn't want to chew.

Been playing with the Mojo rigs for the past few years and seem to have it working pretty well now so I decided to drag one before I moved. A few dozen passes resulted in 4 fish from 15 to 22lbs.
Unfortunately no monsters but better than what we've been seeing. All fish released except for one that inhaled the rig. 2 boats from my marina were dragging bunker in the same area and caught nada, so overall I think I did OK.

Next week the tide will be much better, but with the holiday, all the weekend warriors will be out in force. The only way to beat the crowd is to hit the water about 2am.

We'll see how it goes!
All have a great evening,  ..  Lou

Rivverrat

That appears to be a decent enough fish ? ... Jeff

David Hall

Good work Lou, 4 is a slow day for you but it would be a great day for many!  Including me.

Shark Hunter

He is called Striper Lou for a reason.
The Slob He is looking for is at least twice that big. ;)
Life is Good!

STRIPER LOU

Thanks guys! But that was a slow day with small fish. Seeing the way the fishing is at present, Its OK for now.

Yes Mr. D, I'm looking for one bigger than this cow. Getting it done on artificials is no easy task. Live bait is easier and puts the odds a bit more in your favor.
This one is 58lbs. 13oz and looking for a 60 or better. I keep working at it and hopefully it will happen.

............Lou

Reel 224

There's been 70+ ponders caught and Lou is the man to catch one!

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."