DOMINICK'S PERSONAL BEST ROOSTER FISH-LOS CABOS 6/19/18-6/26/18 REPORT

Started by Dominick, June 28, 2018, 12:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the rockfish ninja

Deadly Sebastes assassin.

steelfish

nice fish Dominick, a true trophy Gallo
congrats amigo.

Rooster is not a fish good on the table, too fishy and too oily like Dom just said, pretty sure there will be more styles to prepare it to be edible but the only ones I know is to prepare it in different styles of ceviche, the fishy taste is hidden by using lots of onion and cilander and more vegetables and all the different kinds of hot sauce on the ceviche tostada, but at the end there is no reason to kill a beautiful fish like rooster for a ceviche when you have tons of fish better for that dish, only if they came injured by the fight as Mark's case.

The Baja Guy

Shark Hunter

Based on Mark's Fish and your 2016 Catch. That fish is every bit of a Dollar Bill.
You might have a record there.
I only catch fish for the sport.
I haven't had Shark Steaks for many years.
Not saying I won't again, But they are so mean, unless they are injured, They are going back as quick as possible.
That Blacktip we caught this past May was as mean as they come. 50 lbs tops, but all Muscle and teeth.
I just do my best not to get bit.
Life is Good!

mhc

Great rooster Dominick!! - that's an impressive fish. It's hard to gauge the length difference between the 90 lb one Mark posted and yours, but judging by the head size I'd say yours is around 116.5 lbs.  ::) ;D

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Dominick

Quote from: mhc on July 05, 2018, 10:38:49 AM
Great rooster Dominick!! - that's an impressive fish. It's hard to gauge the length difference between the 90 lb one Mark posted and yours, but judging by the head size I'd say yours is around 116.5 lbs.  ::) ;D

Mike

I'll take that as gospel.   ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.