DOMINICK'S PERSONAL BEST ROOSTER FISH-LOS CABOS 6/19/18-6/26/18 REPORT

Started by Dominick, June 28, 2018, 12:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

I met my friend Joe from New Jersey on June 19, 2018.  Two hurricanes Aletta and Bud, while not hitting southern Baja created enough turmoil as to upset the water temperatures.  The waters were just recovering from the winds which brought cold water to the fishing grounds.  We decided to target Rooster fish and Marlin which were the only fish in the area that were around.
Wednesday June 20 we fished inland for roosters.  We landed several small to medium sized roosters on the first day.  I've been fishing this area for 20 years and I was never asked for my fishing license although I get an annual license.  The Mexican fish and game set up outside Puerto Los Cabos and were checking licenses.

Here is the boat.  They were using scanners on the bar code to make sure the licenses were valid.

It was a beautiful morning.  Cool with light winds.

The day was pleasant with enough cloud cover to keep the heat down.

Here are some photos of some of the smaller rooster fish.  All were safely released. Joe with one of them.

Just wait for the personal best it is coming.  Patience members.  Here is yours truly defying superstition right next to the Tank. I'm not afraid of no stinkin bananas.

Here is our captain Ricardo Aripez with one of my smaller roosters.

Here I am with another.

And another

Kicking back and enjoying a cervesa Corona.

We fished again on June 22, 2018 and targeted rooster and Marlin.  Joe hooked into a nice striped marlin and brought it to the boat for release.  I don't have any still photos and had some trouble uploading a video.  We estimate the striper weighed about 125 lbs.  Joe fought him for one hour and five minutes because the marlin hit on one of the lighter set ups Ricardo set out.  Joe did a fine job with that light gear.

And now the photo you've all been waiting for.  Actually 5 photos.  The Mexicano in the first photo is Efren, Ricardo's brother.  Ricardo set us up with his brother because he was booked on the 24th the day this fish was caught.

Needless to say I was thrilled.  This rooster is my personal best.  Here is one I caught in 2016 for comparison. Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Marcq

WOW!!!! Congrats!!
We can only see the last pic

Marc..

Benni3

Dominick

Please wait while I modify this thread.  Revisit it later.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Big Tim

David Hall

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

thorhammer

Great work, Counselor! Was that a tank-caught fish? Rooster is on my bucket list.

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

conchydong

Hardy Boy

Great catch !! .................... I have to try for roosters one day . I'm never in Mexico at the right time.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Wow! That's a nice one buddy... good job😉!
Was it on the Tank?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Swami805

Thanks a beautiful fish. Nice way to end a trip. Congratulations
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Dominick

Quote from: thorhammer on June 28, 2018, 02:52:43 PM
Great work, Counselor! Was that a tank-caught fish? Rooster is on my bucket list.

At the time I was not using the tank.  The fish was caught on a Penn Slammer 760 spinning reel.  The last photo of a big rooster was caught in 2016 on the Tank.  Dominick