Frazer River BC Fishing

Started by Lunker Larry, July 08, 2018, 03:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunker Larry

Since I had to travel to BC to visit the wifes family I figured I should make it a better trip.
Not the biggest but 89" and about 250/300 lbs is a fun day.

You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

Swami805

Holy cow! that's a monster! Makes a trip to the in-laws to a new level
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Tiddlerbasher

Bill B

Man you made lemonade out of lemons there....great fish....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Donnyboat

Nice work Larry, thanks for showing us, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Rivverrat

A good catch. Uder the circumstances a great one.  Ive come to accept my son, Luke & I more than likely will never do a long range trip where big tuna are possible.

But the sturgeon is a big fish that can reach huge size & is a doable affordable trip for us. A fish that has always been on my bucket list... Jeff           

theswimmer

In BC do you have to turn a fish that size loose?
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Lunker Larry

Quote from: theswimmer on July 08, 2018, 06:38:17 PM

Sturgeon are a catch and release only fishery in BC.

My nephew got a 94" on the same trip. Back in 2013 three of us went 18 for 19. unbelievable day and pretty tired when it was over.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.

theswimmer

I have great memories of fishing with my Dad on the Sacramento River for sturgeon in the seventies.
We were fishing near Hamilton City one night and he got a big hit. Spooled a Dam Quick Super and broke off at the knot.
Never saw the fish and I always told everyone he had hooked a floating log except logs don't run upstream........
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

Quote from: Lunker Larry on July 08, 2018, 11:51:22 PM
Quote from: theswimmer on July 08, 2018, 06:38:17 PM

Sturgeon are a catch and release only fishery in BC.

My nephew got a 94" on the same trip. Back in 2013 three of us went 18 for 19. unbelievable day and pretty tired when it was over.

BTW
Nice fishie !!!!

Errol Flynn

whalebreath

Nice fish Larry-cool photo too!

The Best time to fish the Might Fraser for Sturgeon  is September into early November with stable barometric conditions-the numbers we've put up are amazing and fish the size of Larry's are jumping constantly.

Lunker Larry

Quote from: whalebreath on July 09, 2018, 12:57:58 AM

The Best time to fish the Might Fraser for Sturgeon  is September into early November with stable barometric conditions-the numbers we've put up are amazing and fish the size of Larry's are jumping constantly.
Exactly. We fished in Sep when we went 18 for 19 with a number over 8 feet

Gobi King

Quote from: Lunker Larry on July 09, 2018, 07:46:31 PM
Quote from: whalebreath on July 09, 2018, 12:57:58 AM

Exactly. We fished in Sep when we went 18 for 19 with a number over 8 feet

Wow, big fish Larry, what were you guys trolling for that beast?

Barbless hooks in that system?
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan