A couple of Senator questions, ring breakage and drag stacks, 114H (-H?)

Started by JoseCuervo, September 23, 2018, 10:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RowdyW

That looks right for a buttoned down drag. Now get rid of those asbestos drags & put in carbon fiber HT-100 drags in. They will also give a more gradual adjustment. I added a revision to my initial post above.

Tbrom

Quote from: Maxed Out on September 24, 2018, 10:53:34 PM
Quote from: Tbrom on September 24, 2018, 07:55:00 PM
Not to hijack the thread but how are you dating this reel? Location of the reel info?(12 o'clock vs 3 o'clock) Numbered vs non numbered parts? I am curious because I have a 114 and a 114-h. Both with numbered parts and external drag access that I have been narrowing the date down.

There is no way to put any specific year to this 114h. We know the 114h was introduced in 1963/64 with very few design changes thru the decades of production, which can make manufacture date tough to pinpoint

.....the "staircased" style knob on the handle could help narrow down a time frame. The early 114h had standard torpedo knob

What is a staircase knob?

Maxed Out

Here are the 3 different knobs that came on a 113H and 114H

The red one is the first knob design that is a smooth surface torpedo knob. The 2nd type which started somewhere around 1980 is what I called "staircase knob"...not smooth like first design, as it tapers down towards each end. Farthest left is the modern day knob that has been the standard for many years
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Tbrom

Mine are different. Both like footballs. One is fatter the other is more pointy. Maxed out I believe you told me the 3 0clock position was only through the 1950s?