Tutorial how to turn your 114 senator into an underhead reel the easy way

Started by steelfish, September 28, 2018, 12:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

soo, take your 114 senator or 114h for the matter, then we gonna skip all the excessive work that our friend Mike is doing on his 501 project in here http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=26065.0
and we will just take our reel and turn it clockwise 180* degrees until the reelseat is upwards, the reel front face should be pointing to you and the handle should be on the same right side, we will do the same to the rod, rotate it on its axis 180* too and install the reel now under the rod... now go catch some tunas.

??? ???  ::) ::) dont laught at me, it works, it what one of the guys of the new netflix battlefish series did....

check by yourself

https://www.netflix.com/mx-en/title/80195173

Alan, can I have another AT wrench for this tutorial  ;D ;D ;)?
The Baja Guy

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

mhc

It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

oc1

Dang.  Good one Alex.  It's like a Houdini magic trick or something.
-steve

Maxed Out

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

mo65

Quote from: Maxed Out on September 28, 2018, 03:12:24 PM

Wow......and has anyone tried this with a 113h yet ??

Ted

Ehh...a wise guy!
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Maxed Out

Quote from: mo65 on September 28, 2018, 03:19:06 PM

Ted

Ehh...a wise guy!

I am like the owl quietly learning and observing from my tree branch...

....I do know for sure that it takes 3 licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

steelfish

Ted

no sure if it works, its gonna take a while to find out, not an easy task I would say.

The Baja Guy

RowdyW

It looks like battlefish is using a 115 9/0 under the rod by the way half the turnbuckles are swinging from the second set of lugs. Notice also that now the line comes off of the bottom of the spool instead of the top.            Rudy

scrinch

Looks like he's using one of those rockcod hand-crank handles, too. I think I have one of those in a box somewhere.

thorhammer

Maybe a good application on the extra narrow 6/0 where you don't have to be as particular on line lay.

steelfish

all joke aside, it would be fun to try this out with a 113h (so we can tell Ted if it worked )  ;D

113h tani kit could be a contender cuz its xtra narrow but not sure if the bar in the frame gets in the way of the line (depending on the angle of the picture) but it looks like the almighty Baja Special bar on the frame is not on the way of the line when "underhead" way.
The Baja Guy

Decker

What is the point of an underhand conventional reel?  To eliminate the need for acid-wrapped rods? :P

Rivverrat

Changing these reels over to underhead  must be danged expensive. That fella cant afford clean clothes.   At least he's happy... Jeff

steelfish

The Baja Guy