Avet SX and Braid

Started by Hogginhank, October 14, 2011, 03:55:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogginhank

I couldn't find the thread in the search about the line capacity of braid for the SX reel. I am on a lot of forums so it might not have even been on here?? I read on a tackle stores site that it will hold 275 yards of 50# braid? Has anyone actually measured the capacity on the SX. I have a 300 yard spool of 50# PP but I wanted to put at least 15 yards of mono topshot so the braid doesnt cut through my kayak. I just hate having to throw money away when it comes to high dollar line and not being able to use the entire 300 yards  :-\  I would put 30# braid on it but I already have a spool of the 50# so I will just use it and top it off with 30# mono. Thanks for any info on this..Hank

Squirmypug

I don't know how much mono that reel will hold but if you know then you can use this. http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=1836.0     8)
I'm not talkin' 'bout pleasure boatin' or day sailin'. I'm talkin' 'bout workin' for a livin'. I'm talkin' 'bout sharkin'!

Hogginhank

Thanks for the link. That's pretty cool stuff right there ;)

Capt Dave

I have 300 yds of 50lb izor on my sx with room for the topshot your describing.

SoCalAngler

Yes 300 yards of 50# should fit no problem. On all my saltwater reels I never go under 50# no matter what # topshot I use as I find smaller # test and hard to see and make connections when offshore.

Hogginhank

Sounds good. I picked up 300 yards of 50# power pro and going to top it with 30# mono. Hank