To Click or Not To Click

Started by nelz, March 02, 2020, 04:31:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you feel about bait clickers on conventional reels?

Must have a clicker
15 (78.9%)
Prefer no clicker
0 (0%)
Don't care either way
4 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 19

nelz

Wanted to give this poll feature a try.  ;D

So, just curious, what do y'all think about bait clickers on your conventional reels? Personally, I have to have one because I fish primarily from piers. But I see some conventional reels are offered without the clicker, like some older Pro Gears.

So, what's your preference, with or without?

Tiddlerbasher

With - you can always turn it off. If you haven't got one you can't turn it on ;)

CapeFish

Must have for me, I won't buy a reel without one. Presume the reels that don't have them are dedicated jigging reels so you are always fishing with reel in hand, no trawling or standing in a pension pipe on the beach?

mo65

Quote from: Tiddlerbasher on March 02, 2020, 10:26:29 AM
With - you can always turn it off. If you haven't got one you can't turn it on ;)

Exactly! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Keta

You need a fourth answer, for me it depends on what I am using the reel for.  I like and use a clicker on trolling reels, others no.  I have added clinkers to ABU  56XX reels I use for trolling.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

nelz

Quote from: Keta on March 02, 2020, 04:11:39 PMYou need a fourth answer, for me it depends on what I am using the reel for.  I like and use a clicker on trolling reels, others no.  I have added clinkers to ABU  56XX reels I use for trolling.

Keta, I see your point, I guess it all depends on the type of fishing you're doing. I've had a clicker fail during a fishing trip and it jammed up the spool.

MarkT

Prefer a clicker but not a deal breaker unless it'll be used for trolling.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

steelfish

I have never used a clicker in my reels, the clicker suposeddly "let you know" that a fish is taking line with a loud ring, so you can grab the rod and fight the fish.

well in my zones where I fish 90% of the time you never let you fish take line, you only have 10-15 seconds to stop to fish before finding its way to the rocky caves, when I fish for surface fish like spanish macks, they are always surrounded by sea lions, so when the mack bite the lure you have also few seconds to take it out before the sea lion take it.
so, no time to hear the music sound of the clicker as I have seen on some fishing videos  :-\

local charter guys say they use the clicker and low drag setting for tourists  ;D not for real fishermen  :D
The Baja Guy

philaroman

why "must" vs. "prefer"  ???  hook & line are a MUST -- beyond that...

DO love clickers enough to want one on my TP dispenser ;D

seriously, would like to see a small-yet-beefy LP lefty w/ a clicker

MarkT

I usually keep my eye on the rod tip to detect a bite rather than listen for the clicker.  Some of the clickers are so faint as to be worthless... yeah, Avet I'm talking to you!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

nelz

Quote from: philaroman on March 02, 2020, 05:04:28 PMDO love clickers enough to want one on my TP dispenser ;D

Hey you might have something there.  ;D  They already have one that looks like a reel, but no sound effects.

Sharkb8

A must have love hearing the sound of a screaming reel then turn it off don't like ratchet bashers.

Kim

Benni3

Very light drag,,,, :D it makes a different,,,,, ;D

festus

Must have a clicker.  Don't wanna lose a rod.  Most of my little Abu 5000 even have clickers

Donnyboat

I agree with Kim & Festus, you can always turn them of, when you want to, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat